Famous Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I shook David Copperfields hand once... haven't washed it since. lol!

Last edited:
Ok if we're talking brushes w/ fame......
I met Mark Slaughter once (band named Slaughter, sang Fly to the Angels). Also Bret Michaels of Poison, Jon Bon Jovi (still gonna marry him).
Ok sorry I was in my teens in the 80's I fell for long haired rockers, explaining my obsession with my husband at the time.... (he's since then shaved off all his thinning pretty feathered rocker hair)
I also met Mike Modano (hockey) when the Dallas Stars were the MN North Stars.

:)People Iv'e seen Eliout Gould, people I have actually talked to John Ritter, Jane Fonda, Ted turner he owns the ranch I live on. Had dinner at the same table with Steve Miller at the ranch. Cooked for 5 days for George Straight at the little high mountain lodge here on the ranch. Went on a float trip in Moab and Rachel Ward ( The Thorn Birds) was also on the raft. Met Larry King who was with Ted Turner on the Ranch. There have been a few celebrities that have come here but I never go out of my way to see them so I missed Val Kilmer, Tom Selleck I know theres more I met and could have seen but didn't but I can't remember right now. Oh almost forgot I cooked a few meals for Donald Trump Jr. at the ranch I worked at in Texas he adored my Hollandaise Sauce I made for brunch came back for seconds

oh, I just remembered...... I was friends with the sister-in-law of Michael Nesmith (the guy in The Monkees who wore the knit hat and hated it) when we were in 5th grade in 1965------she was a hoot---called our other friend "Patty Fatty" and she was "Joan Bone" cause she was super skinny, boy-crazy and always in trouble with our crabby teacher.........at the time Mike was a struggling musician and had not hit fame yet..........her sister and Mike later divorced as if that's any earth-shaking news!

:)People Iv'e seen Eliout Gould, people I have actually talked to John Ritter, Jane Fonda, Ted turner he owns the ranch I live on. Had dinner at the same table with Steve Miller at the ranch. Cooked for 5 days for George Straight at the little high mountain lodge here on the ranch. Went on a float trip in Moab and Rachel Ward ( The Thorn Birds) was also on the raft. Met Larry King who was with Ted Turner on the Ranch. There have been a few celebrities that have come here but I never go out of my way to see them so I missed Val Kilmer, Tom Selleck I know theres more I met and could have seen but didn't but I can't remember right now. Oh almost forgot I cooked a few meals for Donald Trump Jr. at the ranch I worked at in Texas he adored my Hollandaise Sauce I made for brunch came back for seconds

Wow, jg! Did you get any autographs or was that not the cool thing to do? If you get a chance could you send or post you Hollandaise sauce? We love it on broccoli and asparagus and the K. go nuts over it (I use a package mix---I know ugggh!:LOL:)

:) Just remembered two more, I waited on the lead singer in The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Flea for breakfast in Taos.

Wow, jg! Did you get any autographs or was that not the cool thing to do? If you get a chance could you send or post you Hollandaise sauce? We love it on broccoli and asparagus and the K. go nuts over it (I use a package mix---I know ugggh!:LOL:)
:) Nope no autographs I'm not into that in fact if I see someone famous I just give them their space they get enough people bugging them. As far as the Hollandaise goes you first have to learn how to make it from scratch it's a little tricky second my sauce is not a true Hollandais sauce but soo good good because I add a tiny bit of garlic powder and a few drops of tabasco and I use some Christian Brothers Brandy it's so good I would like to fill a bathtub and get in with a straw.:LOL:

well, my dear, I want your great sounding recipe......you've got me drooling and I've made Hollandaise sauce before from scratch and it was very good but yours sounds ten times better!!!!!!!!! I don't care if it's authentic or not.......if you're ready to climb into a tub with a straw then I've got my straw ready and waiting to join you!!! Thanks!!

I met Mark Slaughter once (band named Slaughter, sang Fly to the Angels). Also Bret Michaels of Poison, Jon Bon Jovi (still gonna marry him).
Ok sorry I was in my teens in the 80's I fell for long haired rockers, explaining my obsession with my husband at the time.... (he's since then shaved off all his thinning pretty feathered rocker hair)

Closest I got to that was hanging out backstage with Litterer having drinks, I don't remember much as we were pretty drunk by that time. They had one hit song they sold off, which was 'Rock you like a Hurricane".
And I remember Slaughter more for "Up all Night", which we played all day long on the Super Himalaya at the amusement park I worked at in the summers during high school (Arnolds Park Amusement Park).

My brush with fame... "The Great Wizard of Oz" Ozzy Newsome and Al "Bubba" Baker.
Both former Cleveland Browns players. That's it for me.

On the other hand Don's family used to be aquainted (s/p?)
with Bernie Kosar. He used to visit Don's brother who was
dying from M.D.

*gasp* OMG, you MET JBJ??? *bows to queen*

well, my dear, I want your great sounding recipe......you've got me drooling and I've made Hollandaise sauce before from scratch and it was very good but yours sounds ten times better!!!!!!!!! I don't care if it's authentic or not.......if you're ready to climb into a tub with a straw then I've got my straw ready and waiting to join you!!! Thanks!!
:LOL::LOL: I don't have an exact recipe as I made it up many years ago but I can tell you anyway and you will need to experiment till you get it like you like it. All you do is make your regular recipe but instead of water add brandy to the egg yolks then add a pinch or two of garlic powder and a dash or two of tabasco and make sauce as usual you can always add more tabasco and garlic powder if you want as you go and dont forget the white pepper and salt. Its pretty simple just adding a couple of extra ingredients.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom