Famous Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeninga75

Sous Chef
Anyone have someone (rumored to be) famous in their family? By famous I don't necessarily mean movie star, I mean anyone in history. The reason I thought of this was I was checking my Yahoo mail and on thir homepage I saw a story about Anastasia, daughter of Czar Nicholas II who supposedly escaped the family's murder during the Bolshevik Revolution. Aparently they have found DNA proof that she died along with the rest of her family as they were excecuted in a basement.

My mother's side of the family is Russian and it was always a rumor that we are related to the Czar Nicholas II and his family. Of course I know it's not true, but it's fun to imagine that it is.

So who are your famous ancestors? Real or rumored.... :cool:

Gaetano Federici is one of my relatives, who was a famous sculptor in Paterson, NJ. He passed away in 1964.

:) My aunt in Germany her husband was Germany's National Treasure in the 70s he was a horseman (steeple jumper?)

Luther Burbank is a relative...he invented over 800 varieties of plants. He was great friends with Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.

Many schools in CA were named after him, as well as the famous Rose Bowl Parade!

We have no famous family members, but I'm told there may be some infamous ones.

My husband is somehow reated to Robert Wadlow, who I think is (was) the tallest man on earth... I will ask him about it when he gets home in a couple hours...

I have ancestors that came over on the Mayflower, mostly Caulkins and Standish.

My mothers uncle supposedly invented malted milk. He owned a candy shop and his young daughter at the time refused to drink her milk. He would go into his shop each night and play around with different concoctions to get her to enjoy milk. He ended up with malted milk and she loved it.

My grandfather once told us that we had a relative who was one of the original Harlem Globe Trotters. We had to explain to him that we are white, Jewish, and short and those three things do not really go with the Globe Trotters :LOL:

Luther Burbank is a relative...he invented over 800 varieties of plants. He was great friends with Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.

Many schools in CA were named after him, as well as the famous Rose Bowl Parade!

I've been to his house/museum in Santa Rosa! We had a great time. Bought some sunflower seeds and have collected them from the plants every year since, so we can replant each spring
7.gif

Then there's me, the not so famous ... but my great-great grandmother is said to have come over on the Mayflower as well, and we are encouraged regularly by my father to register with the Daughters of the Revolution (or something on that order).

My cousin is the executive chef at Henry Ford Museum, which I think is very cool! He's really making a name for himself in Detroit, and he got his first taste of food service washing dishes in my parents roadside diner in upper Michigan. Nick, if you are out there, say hi!

My stepdad is supposedly related to Walt Whitman. He's also a guitarist for Blood, Sweat, and Tears who has also toured with Meatloaf, Pieces of a Dream, and some others I'm not remembering at the moment.

My half brother (on my biological dad's side) is a photographer and producer in LA, but I don't think he's very well-known. Right now he directs and shoots commercials and music videos... not sure whether he's ever considered movies.

Other than that, my family's pretty average! :rolleyes: :LOL:

Uh, my Dad was Ace Frehleys' (of Kiss) high school history teacher?
Close as I get.

Back
Top Bottom