Famous Folk in your area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
Okay. So here's my idea. Think of the people from/born in your town, county or state, (across the pond, down under, etc., please participate too) who are famous. You can list one at a time only. You can tell us from multi cities, counties, or states you've lived in.
Tell us about this person, ie; age, date of birth, if they are still living, what they are famous for, etc.​

Have fun!​

Last edited:
well, this got me to google the lastest scoop on a long standing issue. Did Thomas Jefferson father any children by his slave Sally Hemings? According to recent DNA studies, he only fathered one child by Sally and it is not Thomas Woodson, who raised his family in the county in which I currently live. The Woodsons have a local cemetery and meet yearly here, but I guess they are not descendents of Thomas Jefferson. Close, but no cigar.

I live in Las Vegas so it goes without saying that there are a lot of famous people living in LV. Wayne Newton of course, Sigfried and Roy, Rita Rudner, Gladys Knight Evander Holyfield, just to name a few. Danny Gans who is one of the more famous headliners on the Strip lives behind me in a fantastic home.

VDQ, you're no fun! The idea was to give us a "Oh, I didn't know that", after your post. Too easy.

I should have said, "people from, born in".
I'll go back and edit original post. It's my error. Sorry.

I currently live in Newport News VA and Ella Fitzgerald was born here.
I grew up in Chesterland Ohio (Geauga County) and Tim Conway is from Chagrin Falls (also in Geauga County) and he went to college with my dad (Bowling Green State University) although they were two class years apart. Dad and Mom saw him perform several times at campus events before he became famous!

I'm not as close as when I lived down in St. Paul but Prince is from St.Paul.
Or formerly known as... or is he again... I don't know.

been mulling my post over...I didn't mean to slight Sally Hemings...so i want to submit that I am living in the same county as the descendents of one of Sally Hemings children. She must have been one heck of a woman...

Henry Ford would be the obvious one for me. In fact, he had the neighborhood (and the house) I'm living in built back in 1919-1920. (Mine was 1919)

Famous natives from our little town:

Doug Collins was on the U.S. 1972 Olympic basketball team that played in Munich, went on to be an NBA player, and when he retired from playing, was coach for the Chicago Bulls when Michael Jordan was playing for them.

John Malkovich, actor, has been in many movies, including Man in the Iron Mask, Con Air, Places in the Heart, Dangerous Liaisons, and many more.

Back
Top Bottom