Famous Folk in your area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And we have George Lucas,Laci Peterson, the Gallo Family and then there is ME:LOL:

kadesma

I'm not as close as when I lived down in St. Paul but Prince is from St.Paul.
Or formerly known as... or is he again... I don't know.

Prince lived in Minneapolis. He and my dad went to the same high school. Central. A few years apart, though.

Ashton Kutcher went to my high school. Cedar Rapids Washington.

Quite a few people were born/live in the city I was born in, San Diego. One that comes to mind is Robert Hays, from the movie "Airplane."

Vista, California is where I consider home. The only celebrity I know from Vista is Gary Puckett, from Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. The Official Gary Puckett Union Gap Website Gary Puckett Bio. He lives in Florida now.

Pageland, South Carolina, where I live now, is home to Brooklyn Dodger player Van Lingle Mungo. Van Lingle Mungo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia He was known as much for his exploits off the field as on. One of the main streets in Pageland is Van Lingle Mungo Blvd.

Marshville, North Carolina is not where I live, but where I go to church and shop. It is the birthplace of Randy Travis.

I lived a year in Independence, Missouri, home to President Harry S. Truman.

I know it said one at a time. I hope you don't mind I listed them all together, in the interest of time and space.

:)Barbara

My wife grew up with and went to school with Amy Poehler.

From the town that I grew up we had:

Christa McAuliffe

Ron Burton, former NFL running back for the Boston Patriots, 1960 to 1965 (I was very good friends with 2 of his sons).

Roger Clemens

Rich Gedman

KC Jones

Crispus Attucks

Massachusetts.

John Adams
John Quincy Adams
Benjamin Franklin
John Hancock
JFK
RFK
Paul Revere
The Stanley brothers (Stanley Steamers)
Ben Afleck
Matt Damon
Jo Dee Messina
Aerosmith
Emeril Legasse
Rocky Marciano
Tom Glavine

I know I'm missing some. No offense to anyone.

Batman & Mr. Mom - Michael Keaton!

Pittsburgh, PA (Coraopolis really)

The first celeb I ever served at the hotel I worked in. I "freaked" when I made an ID and asked my friend to take the table because I couldn't handle it!! Duh

OMG! It's Batman!

Being from this area, there are a lot - here are a couple from me -
Sis went to school with Kathy Ireland. There were way too many famous folks when I lived in SB, but so many had moved there after they'd gotten their props. Dad built many homes for them.
From where I live now, within 20 miles or so, Julia Childs was born. Now THAT's a celeb!

Billy Joel hasa few houses on the Island. ( long island).He grew up one town over from where I grew up.
I remember when I was a kid, riding my bike in front of his house, hoping he would come out, we'd become friends, let me write with him, and Id become rich and famous. Problem was, he moved from that house 1 year earlier :LOL:. Im surprised the current owners didnt call the cops :-p

Ralph Maccio ( The Karate Kid) Lives a a town over. Our kids were in the same school when younger, and attended a few B-day parties together.

Many Others on the east end/ Hamptons ( many seasonal though) But I know Diana Ross, Paul Simon, Christie Brinkley, Howard Stern, Steven Spielberg....the list goes on

Michael Waltrip
Daryl Waltrip
Dale Jarrett
Ned Jarrett (father)
Glen Jarrett (good friend and brother of Dale)
Junior Johnson

...to name a few and yes, I live in NASCAR Country :rolleyes:

Rich Gedman
KC Jones
Crispus Attucks
Massachusetts.
Jo Dee Messina
Tom Glavine

I know I'm missing some. No offense to anyone.

Michael Waltrip
Daryl Waltrip
Dale Jarrett
Ned Jarrett (father)
Junior Johnson

Yes, but who are they?

Michael Waltrip
Daryl Waltrip
Dale Jarrett
Ned Jarrett (father)
Junior Johnson

Me too but I would put Michael in the "infamous" verses "famous" (not a fan AT ALL).

I moved from Southern California where there were too many to name to Mooresville where there are....too many to name. ;) My best friend is neighbor to Jeff Hammond.

VDQ, you're no fun! The idea was to give us a "Oh, I didn't know that", after your post. Too easy.

I should have said, "people from, born in".
I'll go back and edit original post. It's my error. Sorry.

Oh okay, I'll give you what little I have since these famous people don't choose to include me in their group. ;)
Wayne Newton has a huge home with grounds that encompass one square mile of land. He keeps horses on that land. His home was located in the boonies but since Vegas has built up so much it is now located in the heart of a very busy part of the city. At Christmastime his home and grounds are decorated to the hilt. His estate is called Casa Shenandoah.

Gladys Knight had a severe gambling habit and was in rehab for a long time. She is now free of the habit but still maintains a home in Vegas and performs very often.

Don't know anything about Evander or any of the other dozens of famous people that live near me. But then, they don't know anything about me either. :LOL:

GB said:
Originally Posted by GB View Post

Rich Gedman
KC Jones
Crispus Attucks

Yes, but who are they?

Amy Poehler is a current cast member on Saturday Night Live. She co-hosts the news and does Hillary Clinton among many others.

Rich Gedman was a catcher for the Boston Red Sox

Among other things, KC Jones played for the Boston Celtics for 9 seasons and has 8 championship rings because of it. He is also in the Basketball hall of fame.

Crispus Attucks was (I believe) the first person killed in the American Revolution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom