Farewell, 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
I know that it's not even Thanksgiving yet but 2005 deserves to be put to rest. After a soul-wrenching hurricane season and a middle-finger-raising political season, I am SO ready to call it quits on '05. I'm excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas! After that, 2005, don't let thet door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out.

Hey DampCharcoal, I am with you on that one. For some reason this year has been chock full of personal trials for many of my close friends and a few issues of my own. After the devastation in the south this year, the other natural disasters and terrorist attacks, I think everyone will be glad to see this year come to a close.

I totally agree. First in January we had back to back snow storms that dumped way too much snow. Then the fog set in and it was damp and cold the rest of the month. It kept snowing until the beginning of June. Then the forest fires started. Thankfully, we in Northern California did not have that many fires of any great size. With the hurricanes and some other issues I am glad to see this year end, also.

Alix said:
Hey DampCharcoal, I am with you on that one. For some reason this year has been chock full of personal trials for many of my close friends and a few issues of my own. After the devastation in the south this year, the other natural disasters and terrorist attacks, I think everyone will be glad to see this year come to a close.
I second that one hundred percent! It might sound nuts but I often seem to have better years when the dates are even numbers (2002, 2004, etc). It really was a rough year for so many, and I'll be cheering the new year in with bells and whistles :)

i don't know about yous guys, but all i have is today, and i'm really hoping on tomorrow.
so i'm not in any rush to skip even a day, let alone a coupla months...

buckytom said:
i don't know about yous guys, but all i have is today, and i'm really hoping on tomorrow.
so i'm not in any rush to skip even a day, let alone a coupla months...

Ok, I agree. You are right. It is best to look forward to the future and not dwell too much on the past. Thanks, BT. Great advice. :)

Right - some of the best part of the year is right around the corner. Let's really enjoy it and then head into the new year to make it a great one.I have a friend who is battling lung cancer and may not make it far into the new year if she makes it at all. I want to do whatever I can to make her remaining days comfortable and friendly.

i really don't know if anyone here is a wrestling fan or not (like i am) but with my deepest sympathies i just want to take the time to add eddie guerroro's name to the list of awful tragedies that have happened this year. goodbye 2005 !

middie said:
i really don't know if anyone here is a wrestling fan or not (like i am) but with my deepest sympathies i just want to take the time to add eddie guerroro's name to the list of awful tragedies that have happened this year. goodbye 2005 !

OMG, I didn't know that he died, Middie. I haven't really watched since just after they showed him and China together. We started watching other things.
I can't believe that he's gone. That's awful. And he had 3 young daughters.
How sad!!:(

Isn't that sad middie and texasgirl? A friend told me that yesterday too. Have they said the cause of death? So sad that he passed away, even moreso leaving behind 3 children.

Also, there was an earthquake in Japan. Our thoughts and prayers to them also.

What a year!

no shannon, they don't know what happened to him. police don't believe foul play was involved. from what i understand they'll be doing an autopsy on him tomorrow sometime. they had a tribute to him tonight and they're having another one on friday. i cried the whole time it was on.

2005 it's been a pretty good year.
I'll be sorry to see it go but... we've already got some nice
things planned for 2006 so I'm looking forward to it.

Having lost my dad this year and having to deal with all that I'm ready for the new year to come. I only pray its a better one......2004 I lost mom and 2005 I lost dad. But on another note I'm happy to be alive and healthy and that my loved ones are the same.

Back
Top Bottom