Fatal Shooting at Virginia Tech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't know about the Fatal Shooting At Virginia Tech but thanks to you for sharing the information - it is really awful.

I wish our television programs did not show so much violence and in this world we must enjoy each day to the fullest - life is definitely too short.

Yeah I can't get any work done...I just keep refreshing cnn.com to find out the lastes update.

oh god I just heard the body count was increased to possibly 32 people...this is soooooo awful

We have just heard this sad news on the UK evening news.
I am so very sorry.
What a devastating blow for all the relatives and friends. Any sudden death is hard, but death by needless violence is especially hard to come to terms with.
They will be very much in our thoughts .

I was driving my car when I heard this on the radio. I just went numb. Think of the people who have family members going to school there or are teaching there and they hear about this terrible news the way I did. My heart goes out to them all.

It is a very surreal atmosphere here in Hampton Roads. Very sad and tragic. One of the ladies at our hotel still has not heard from her son, who is a student at VT.

Very crazy.

This brings me to tears! I can't stand all the violence in the world today and I ache for all the parents who are going through this....and I can't imagine the fear that the students, faculty and others around the University have gone through.

I AM SO ANGRY!

God, love them and take care of the deceased and those who are suffering.

Completely senseless and so tragic. Supposedly it was about the guy having been cheated on. I know someone who goes there and he says that the shooter killed his girlfriend, then someone else in the hallway of her dorm, then somehow hid for a while and later opened fire on random classrooms in another building. How in the world is stuff like this allowed to happen?! It's so depressing to think that there are sickos like this walking around every day.

This is just so sad. My heart goes out to all those people. It is such a shame that people have to resort to violence.

TATTRAT said:
It is a very surreal atmosphere here in Hampton Roads. Very sad and tragic. One of the ladies at our hotel still has not heard from her son, who is a student at VT.

Very crazy.

Has she heard anyything yet Tattrat? I so hope her son is safe.

csalt said:
Has she heard anyything yet Tattrat? I so hope her son is safe.

Yes, she and others that are waiting for some word from their children are in my prayers!
What makes me sick, WHY in the world wasn't the entire school, all halls, locked down with the first gun shot???????? More died and were injured because of this. The school officials have alot to answer for in this!!!:mad:

texasgirl said:
Yes, she and others that are waiting for some word from their children are in my prayers!
What makes me sick, WHY in the world wasn't the entire school, all halls, locked down with the first gun shot???????? More died and were injured because of this. The school officials have alot to answer for in this!!!:mad:

You bet they do, TexasGirl!!! :angry: :censored:

Yeah This is soooooo terrible. I know that V Tech security never wanted this to happen but they obviously should have taken more precautions with a murderer loose on campus at 7am

We don't have all the information, but I think the police acted responsibly. The initial shooting appeared to be one of domestic violence. They shut down the dorm immediately, which would be the prudent thing to do.

Realistically, if that was what they were investigating, they could have no idea that the other shooting spree would result.

At this point, according to the news reports I've seen, they still haven't connected the two incidents. Everything is guesswork by (mostly) the media.

I say, let the law enforcement community do their job and save the Monday morning quarterbacking for sports.

From what I have sat here watching and reading on cnn.com. The guy is the same. They had who they thought was the suspect, but ,wasn't. Told of witnesses saying that he had left, but, he hid for a couple of hours and came back. THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM THE VIRGINIA TECH DEAN HIMSELF
Not "Monday morning quarterbacking"

Back
Top Bottom