Father's day plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Father's day is coming up! What do you have planned for the dads in your life?

My dad doesn't live around these parts, so it'll be a gift & phonecall. I had a nice hike and picnic planned for dh but mil will be in town, so now I'm not sure what to do. A big breakfast is in the forecast. Dutch babies would be good.

I'm sure I've mentioned this a time or two already... but for Christmas this year Paul's mom and dad gave the whole family Alaskan Cruise tickets. We leave on Father's day. I'm sure we'll have dinner or lunch in honor of Dad sometime on the boat. My dad who lives in Oregon got a card.

How cool is that!!!

My husband went tonight to buy himself a new, bigger lathe for Father's Day.

We have ribeyes in the freezer, so I'm sure that's what he'll want for supper Sunday night. He likes baked potatoes and chilled asparagus spears spears to go with that.
I'd been thinking of making him some scrumptious chocolate dessert for Sunday, but he made a big pan of chocolate fudge last night, and I think that's about as chocolate as one can get.

I guess I'll just have to extra nice to him. :)

There will be a "nap" in there somewhere on Sunday. And some red meat to eat. And probably lots of war/explosion movies playing in the basement. A call to my dad in New Orleans - his 80th is coming up in a few weeks and we have to plan further for that occasion.

pdswife, how exciting! have a great time! mother's day ended up being alot of work for the mothers (my mom, sis, and me) so father's day, to us, will be just another day....we are ordering pizza. glad mother's day comes first - can you tell we are bitter?

mudbug said:
There will be a "nap" in there somewhere on Sunday. And some red meat to eat. And probably lots of war/explosion movies playing in the basement.

Sounds like my Sunday plans mudbug. Only I think it will be war games on the PS2. BTW, LMAO when I read this post.

Hi cora and Michele, we'll only be gone 7 days.
Don't worry!! I couldn't leave you for longer than that. lol.

Sadly my dad isn't around anymore. I lost him on May 3rd as most of you know. So I'll probably go to the cemetery for the first time, and then to work.

Middie, I'll be sure to send some hugs your way on Sunday.

This is DH's first Father's Day. He says he wants it to be a normal quiet day (he's not much into big celebrations). I'm thinking a nice breakfast (stuffed chocolate french toast maybe) and dinner of his choice, if he gives me some ideas before Sunday. If I threaten him with something vegetarian, I'm sure he'll come up with some suggestions fast!

{{{{{Middie}}}}

We have nothing special planned for Father's Day because on Saturday night we will all be together for a big party in celebration of my grandson's graduation. So Sunday will be a day to relax, rest and give thanks for our many blessings..

We don't do anything. DH doesn't talk to his dad very much and mine died when I was 7, so, it's up to DH what he wants to do. Probably go fishing.

PA Baker said:
This is DH's first Father's Day. He says he wants it to be a normal quiet day (he's not much into big celebrations). I'm thinking a nice breakfast (stuffed chocolate french toast maybe) and dinner of his choice, if he gives me some ideas before Sunday. If I threaten him with something vegetarian, I'm sure he'll come up with some suggestions fast!
And where is the french toast recipe, did you say? Please post it! Sounds just up my alley!

corazon90 said:
A big breakfast is in the forecast. Dutch babies would be good.

you're eating children from the netherlands? would that be with holland-aise sauce?

j/k. what are dutch babies cora?

for us: i don't know what we're doing for fadduh's day, yet. may go back down the shore if the weather's nice and go to the point pleasant or sleaside boardwalks.

i'm just hoping to sleep past 8am.

Both of my sons have to work - and my daughter will be tied up with bowing down to the AH she is married to. So, I'll go out to the cemetary and clean off Dad's grave ... then probably cook a nice steak and baked tater dinner for myself later on .... and watch a baseball game or two.

buckytom said:
you're eating children from the netherlands? would that be with holland-aise sauce?

j/k. what are dutch babies cora?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
you crack me up bucky!
Dutch babies are like an oven pancake. While it's baking it should look like a pancake bowl. I've never made this but my dad fixed it for us when I was a kid. We filled it with lots of fresh fruit and whipped cream. Here's a link about dutch babes and great photos of the stages! If mine turns out, I'll post the recipe & photos of mine. http://orangette.blogspot.com/2005/02/9-am-sunday-butter-and-babies.html

My father passed away years ago. My step-father doesn't live near me, so I'll have to go get a card and send it, then try to call him.

As for me, well, I have to work, pretty much all day. Bummer.

Dutch babies... oh boy. I know just the pan for them. I've never heard of them before, but we will definitely be trying those this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom