Favorite Actors, Actresses & Directors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok,

Reese Witherspoon
Hilliary S****
Meryl Streep
Zooey Daschenel
Mary Louise Parker

Edward Norton
Christian Bale
Nic Cage
Jack Nicholson

A few others I can't think of....

I will see anything with Morgan Freeman or Adam Sandler!!

I will NOT see anything that is made by or features Quentin Tarentino. He creeps me out.

quick list, off the top of my head

Directors first
Scorsese
Hitchcock
Elia Kazan
John Ford
Tim Burton

actors
Nicholson
Grant, C.
Duvall
Steiger
George C. Scott
Brando
De Niro
Pesci
Tommy Lee Jones
John C. Reilly
Liam Neeson
Ralph Fiennes

actresses
Maggie Smith
Judy Dench
Frances McDormand
Holly Hunter
Emma Thompson
Helen Mirren
Renee Zellweger

can they act? who cares!
Clive Owen
Grant, H.
Colin Firth
Uma Thurman

I like Nicholas Cage and Johnny Depp. JD always seems to be in sort of quirky movies that appeal to me, and I have loved NC ever since Moon Struck.

carolelaines's post reminded me of Juliette Binoche in a roundabout way (Johnny Depp in Chocolat).

She's not only a good actress but also disgustingly beautiful. Has anyone seen the movie "Damage" with her and Jeremy Irons? It's on my list of "to-sees"

I'll watch just about anything with...

Leonardo DiCaprio
Al Pacino

(or the old duo of Marlon Brando and Karl Malden, like in the films, One Eyed Jacks & On the Waterfront)

As for directors, Martin Scorsese is my pick.

Love this thread!

You have some great ones mudbug!
Reese
Love Tim Burton
And Colin Firth! Why didn't I think of him?
I love the "can they act? Who cares?" list! LOL!
Clive Owen does it for me on that list, something about him just gives me the shivers...

Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Robert De Nero, Richard Gere, Meryl Strepp, Julia Roberts for me. But definitely not Woody Allen and Bruce Willis.

A lot of my favourite actors are usually seen on TV here, rather than in Hollywood movies. I suspect that is because they do not fit the criterion of Hollywood good looks! BUT, they can all ACT, which I think is more important!

This is just a sampling, not a definitive list :)

Hamish Clark (some may know him from Monarch of the Glen, the BBC TV series)
Ken Stott - absolutely brilliant actor (but 'homely' would probably be a good description!)
Peter Capaldi
Denis Law (uncle of the more famous Ewan MacGregor)
Colin Firth
Jude Law
David Tennant

Dame Judy Dench
Helen Mirren
Dame Maggie Smith
Keira Knightley

For all you Hugh fans....

My husband was universally described as Hugh Grant type at all his interviews thi summer. They don't really look that much alike but my husband really does act like him sometimes, the embarrased and politely awkward Englishman.

I love films but my visual memory became impaired a few yearrs ago. There fore I am totally drawn to any actor that looks individual enough for me to tell them apart easily. Films cast where the characters look very similar are wasted on me now! People I can always recognise include Julia Roberts, Jodie Foster, Helena Bonham Carter, Dame Judy Dench....a lot of the people listed I guess. But the standard blonde sylph, I just struggle to tell them apart...it gives beauty a whole different perspective!

Actor: Robert Redford
Actress: Meryl Streep
Director: Clint Eastwood, Rob Reiner, Sidney Pollack

Special mention goes to Christopher Walken for playing such quirky roles.

Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts.

I would go see their movies just because they were in them.

I really like Jennifer Aniston, but more in TV than in movies, and I'm also a big fan of Catherine Zeta-Jones, but I wouldnt go see a movie just because she was in it.

Good call chops about Chris Walken, I love him too!! He does his quirky roles with such zeal, always looks like having a great time interpreting those wacky characters. And yes, the Fatboy Slim video is great. He also shakes his booty in "Around the Bend". Low key but brilliant film.

Back
Top Bottom