Favorite Christmas Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas Cd
Boney M Mary's Boy Child
How can you not like all Christmas songs? Beautiful season.

In addition to the ones I mentioned, the song "The Christmas Shoes" has a special place in my heart. The first time I ever heard it was on the way to the airport the day after my mom's funeral in December 2000. I know that for a lot of people that might make it a bad song for them, but for me it just brings back memories of how wonderful my mom was, and how (as in the song), "Mama made Christmas good at our house."
YouTube - The Christmas Shoes - NewSong

:)Barbara

there is no way to list them all, hehe
But, I have to hear these no matter what.

Believe - Josh Groban
God rest ye gentlemen - Barenaked ladies and Sarah Mclachlan
Santa bring my baby back to me - Elvis
Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
Rockin around the Christmas tree - Brenda Lee
The Nutcracker Suite
Any Trans Siberian Orchestra, especially, Carol of the Bells
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas- The Drifters
Christmas {baby please come home} U2
I can't forget the 12 pains of Christmas - Bob Rivers Comedy Group
The list is endless once you get to the crooners, Bing, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole...
My list of favorite songs will fill almost 4 cds.
:santa: You sound like me texasgirl! I have almost as many Christmas CDs as regular ones and they are at least a third of my mp3 player. I'd never be able to list them all! I will say that In the Bleak Midwinter and Little Drummer Boy are two of my all time faves.:clap:

"Merry Christmas, Darling" by the Carpenters is very special to me. Makes me weepy, every time I hear it.

"Mary's Boy Child" by Boney M is my favorite happy Christmas song.

Josh Groban's "O Holy Night" thrills me to my toes.

Lee

Where to start:

Manheim Steamrollers
O Holy Night
The Night Wind (Said to the Little Lamb)
Oh Come All Ye Faithful and Hark the Herald Angels Sing
The Little Drummer Boy
Elvis Presley's 1962(?) Blue Christmas album
Perry Como's Christmas album
and the Christmas spirit that comes when listening to such beautiful music............:)

I like Adam Sandler's Hanukuh (sp?) songs
The 12 Pains of Christmas
Blue Christmas... Porky Pig version
Little Drummer Boy... only Bob Segars version
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Do They Know It's Christmas... Band Aid
Something About Christmastime... Bryan Adams
Please Come Home For Christmas... Bon Jovi

Where to start:

Manheim Steamrollers
O Holy Night
The Night Wind (Said to the Little Lamb)
Oh Come All Ye Faithful and Hark the Herald Angels Sing
The Little Drummer Boy
Elvis Presley's 1962(?) Blue Christmas album
Perry Como's Christmas album
and the Christmas spirit that comes when listening to such beautiful music............:)

Ohhhhh, yes, expat!! Your third one down is titled "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and it's one of my favorites, too!

At work, I hear the Bing Crosby version 8 times a day. Nice, but Ed Ames' version is my favorite.

(Ed Ames, IMO, deserves far more recognition as an incredible voice than he ever got. Dean Martin, too!)

Lee

Ohhhhh, yes, expat!! Your third one down is titled "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and it's one of my favorites, too!

At work, I hear the Bing Crosby version 8 times a day. Nice, but Ed Ames' version is my favorite.

(Ed Ames, IMO, deserves far more recognition as an incredible voice than he ever got. Dean Martin, too!)

Lee

I'm not sure if I've I have heard Ed Ames' sing it but I love Bing Crosby's, Perry Como's and Ann Murray's renditions.........will see if I can find him on a DVD

All of you have given great ideas for others......in the spirit of the holidays :):)

Back
Top Bottom