Favorite Drinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megamark

Senior Cook
I want to know everyone's favorite adult beverage and a sentence explaining why.

I'll start:

The White Russian: because the Dude drank it.

Liquor....bourbon, straight, no ice. "Nothing like a shot of whiskey to whet a man's appetite"
Beer/ale.....Guinness or IPA. I like my beer to have a "bite".

Coffee liquor, Evaporated Milk and Vodka mixed in about equal parts or any other ratio you might prefer. Personally I go have on milk and liquor a lot of times skipping vodka all together.

Because it's just yum.

If I'm at a party, I like a blender drink like a daquirie or Pina colada.

If I'm at home and I'm lazy, I like a can of Coke with a little rum poured into it, a Dark and Stormy (rum with Fresca), orange juice with rum or vodka. I like something that I can just pour into a cup from ingredients that I have already that don't need to be mixed, blended, frozen or otherwise dealt with.

Coffee with a little kahlua is good too.

My "go to" drink in the sumer is Tanqueray and tonic with a healthy squeeze of lime. It's cool and refreshing and I like the taste of the Tanqueray.

In cooler weather I go for Crown Royal on the rocks. It warms the cockles of my heart (whatever they are).

Wow! Sort of an impossible question for me.

They all have their place. Nothing like a quality martini before a steak dinner, maybe a Manhattan.

Gin & Tonic? Yes. Mojito? Yes. Good blanco tequila with a chaser of sangrita? Yes.

What's working for me these days is a small snifter of cognac and a good book when I crawl into bed at night.

....and always good wine.

Back
Top Bottom