"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
Favorite fast food joint?

I was just thinking what's everyone fave fastfood joint? For me Hardees definately has the best burgers. If anybody out there has not tried their spicy buffalo chicken sandwich or ostrich burger they are both a must try..

ladyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
Head Chef
We went to a Hardees for the first time a coouple of weeks ago. Very disappointed in the burgers; it was like chewing on leather. Now, it may be just certain franchisees who don't know how to prepare a burger, but we probably won't go to another ne any time soon.

For fast food ,usually when we are on the interstate traveling a good distance, we stop at Wendy's for chili.

I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
lyndalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
Sous Chef
Oh this is a shameful confession that I know most of you won't understand!! Last week I had a Hamburger Happy Meal after resisting the temptation for about a month. Definately would not appreciate it if it was a steady diet but I do crave McD's about once every 2 - 3 months. I like Wendy's chili with a squirt of their hot sauce that they have in packets.
PytnPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
I am not a huge fan of "fast foods" period. Some fo them are ok at best the first time you eat them...It's the second time(later) that I have to eat an item that ruins it for me In my area Hardee's would be way down the list of places I would stop. In fact I think I would just opt for a Coke and p-nuts until such time I could find more platable fare.
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
I have to say, I do like fast food, Big Mac from McD's,and Big Boy from the same ! - Frosty's from Wendy's ! French Dip from Arby's !
Grandma's Boys - Isaiah (11) Cameron (3 )
Barb L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:37 AM   #6
Sous Chef
I like Arby's but I don't eat it much.
Wendy's is good too.
Mickey D's fries are the best.
And I like a whopper junior sometimes. (love their onion ring sauce)
I used to like Hardee's until they did away with the Roast beef sandwiches.
But White Castle is what I crave simply because we can't get it here since we moved. (The frozen ones are not the same)
Going over this list it looks like I'm a junk food junkie...LOL I'm really not, just once in a while.
Oh and I can do Taco Bell every once in a while too. Mexican Pizza!
Fresh Cooking From Your Garden
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #7
Executive Chef
I love pizza, so whatever the local corner pizzeria is, is my fave fast food joint.
Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
Certified Pretend Chef
Burger King
Pizza joints
Submarine sandwich shops
Ice Cream shops

to name just a few
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #9
Master Chef
McDonalds for their Quarter Pounder w/Cheese, Crispy Chicken Sandwich and of course their fries.

Arby's for the Chicken Bacon Swiss. Used to love going in and getting their jalapeno poppers but unfort. they don't sell those around here anymore .

Wendy's .... Single and Fries....the taste of this meal always reminds me of my deceased brother because he used to treat mom and I to this meal when I was young. We didn't get to go out much back then so it was always special.

Weiner Works.....I'm sure you all probably haven't heard of this place. My favorite is the Footlong Chili dog with chili, onion, mustard and cheese.... and a french fry delight w/chili, onion, sourcream and cheese..........yummy!

Boy not that its out there I realize my choices aren't the healthiest but then again it is fast food and luckily I don't eat it that often
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
Chief Eating Officer
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Burger King
Pizza joints
Submarine sandwich shops
Ice Cream shops

to name just a few
The only ones on this list that I would consider fast food joints would be KFC and Burger King.

I will occasionally eat at BK or Wendys. They both can be decent if you get food that is made fresh and not sitting under the lamps. Even then it is very hit or miss, but when you get one that is made well and is hot then they can taste alright.

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote