Favorite Hamburger Toppings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are your Favorite Hamburger Toppings?

• Cucumber slices, tomatoes, sprouts, dill dressing, sun-dried tomatos!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greek! white onions, tomatoes and yogurt cucumber dressing!

• Cajun spices, Jalapenos, avacado and pico de gallo!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
What are your favorite hamburger toppings?
57.gif

PLEASE NOTE: each choice has cheese as an option. Also, the hamburger meat is prepared EXACTLY the way you like it! You just have to think about the toppings! :)

Last edited:
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
57.gif
Bacon, cheese and tomatoes. Once in a great while I'll put a brat on my burger for a good greasy bratburger.

Normally, I prefer cheddar or swill cheese. I love a couple of bread and butter pickles, too.

I insist on a very ripe tomato slice and a nice leaf of boston lettuce.

I also enjoy some sauteed mushrooms, nice and garlicky.

And and and....if my boyfriend is not around, I'll add some fried onions.:ohmy:

I can forego the ketchup if the meat is moist enough and the tomato is nice and ripe.

I often go with classic "California Burger" toppings, but my favorite is Bleu Cheese, mushrooms, bacon, tomato, and lettuce. Add a little hot sauce, mmmm. Not hugely imaginative, but I like it.

Grind your own chopped meat, cook it rare to medium rare, and just put it on a bun with perhaps a slice of onion.

Nothing better.

In no particular order:
Onion rings
Red onion marmalade
guacamole
bacon
gouda
smoked mozzerella
bleu cheese
homemade bbq sauce
hard fried egg
hierloom tomato, or a really good vine ripened 'matter
jalapeno
Boston bibb
Vidallia onion
Sauteed peppers and onions

Yep, I'll insist my burger be rare! If I make my burgers and I season the meat my favorite way I want provolone, tomato, red onion slice, green leaf lettuce, with a bit of mustard, mayo, and a tad more ketchup.

If I am going to eat a "traditional" burger from around here it's "all the way" which is mustard, cheese, chili, slaw, and onion with orange grease from the chili dripping down your arm to your elbow! :LOL:

At a local restaurant my favorite is also rare (ground filet) with swiss cheese, mushrooms on big thick sourdough grilled slices of bread! YUM!

I chose bleu cheese cause thats what I feel like tonight, and my burger ritual, though rare, is precise, the flexibilty relating only to the cheese. I just answered VB's side order thread...and if you saw how fussy I am about chips, which I don't even like so much, you'll be relieved I am not going to reveal the extent of my burger /fries ritual by listing the exact ingrediants and order in which they must be compiled for my perfect burger.

I guess I can afford to be fussy as we don't have burgers often, and chips even less so, but I will admit I am a bit fanatical about my burger acoutrements ;)

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
57.gif

PLEASE NOTE: each choice has cheese as an option. Also, the hamburger meat is prepared EXACTLY the way you like it! You just have to think about the toppings! :)

Bacon & BBQ sauce didn't have a cheese mentioned . . . . . I'd go for Cheddar! :chef: :pig:

Grilled onions, sauted mushrooms and swiss cheese please.

Also..only the bottom bun. I don't like a lot of bread with my burger.
( so I can have more fries!!!)

Toasted bun, not the soft cotton wool type. Preferably a homemade lamb pattie, tomato relish, melted cheese, heaps of fried onions, iceberg lettuce ( no other type for me on a burger), beetroot; and Im sad to admit it HAS to be the tinned kind, tomato slices, and a medium soft fried egg.
Add lashings of black pepper and Im one happy chappie.:)

Hellman's mayonnaise (as if you didn;t know), leafy green lettuce, tomato slice, kosher dill pickle slices, onion.

No cheese, thank you.

Lynan said:
Toasted bun, not the soft cotton wool type. Preferably a homemade lamb pattie, tomato relish, melted cheese, heaps of fried onions, iceberg lettuce ( no other type for me on a burger), beetroot; and Im sad to admit it HAS to be the tinned kind, tomato slices, and a medium soft fried egg.
Add lashings of black pepper and Im one happy chappie.:)

Change the tomato relish for BBQ sauce and leave off the black pepper and I'll have what she's having! Beetroot is a must for any good burger. Even McDonalds here brought out a burger with beetroot in it. (McOz burger)

mrsmac said:
Beetroot is a must for any good burger. Even McDonalds here brought out a burger with beetroot in it. (McOz burger)
What is beetroot (as far as burger condiments) to those of you down under? Pickled, boiled?

It is canned in malt vinegar sugar mix. And I love it!! I adore fresh beetroot also but for a burger, it has to be canned.
Also, setting canned beetroot in its juice is a lovely addition to a summer salad plate. Especially those neat Aussie golden circle whole baby beets.:chef:
I sometimes set them in individual molds also, looks very pretty.

TATTRAT said:
In no particular order:
Onion rings
Red onion marmalade
guacamole
bacon
gouda
smoked mozzerella
bleu cheese
homemade bbq sauce
hard fried egg
hierloom tomato, or a really good vine ripened 'matter
jalapeno
Boston bibb
Vidallia onion
Sauteed peppers and onions

How in the heck do you get your mouth open that wide?? lol

Mine: Hamburger (RARE or Med RARE), Sliced RAW onion, and Bun :) and no one getting near me till I brush my teeth.

Well, I haven't eaten red meat in over 8 years, but when I did (and now that-
I still eat veggie burgers), I like mustard, ketchup, onions, tomatoes, pickles, and a dash of A1. Of course, a good cheese is always welcome.

Great topic.

Back
Top Bottom