Favorite Movies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
What are your favorite movies and --why?

I like anything I can watch the first time, then again, then again and I put it away for a few weeks and watch it again!

Here's the beginning of my best movies.
Movie--why I liked it.

The Shawshank Redemption--justice in an unjust world.

The Piano--story about feelings and communication, beautiful music and scenery. Love and Hate.

The Green Mile--the characters, of evil (Percy Wetmore), of good (Tom Hank's character).

Forrest Gump--good feelings, meaning well, and the way his life was laced through historical moments.

Erin Brockovich--what a smart person can do because they care.

Philadephia--injustice and how the court system tears people apart by allowing every personal attack and innuendo. Prejudice.

Avatar--Lack of respect for a culture/religion to pillage their resources.

Little Miss Sunshine--happy and sad points, it made me laugh. Terribly inappropriate--funny.

(there's more, I'm just not sitting by my favorite movies on DVD--more to follow)

What are your favorite movies? Have you just seen one you really liked? Let's talk about it. Like any of my favorites?

Nice thread, Blissful!

Love all the Pirates of the Caribbeaan movies! Arrrghh.

Men in Black series, want to see the newest one.

Gone With The Wind. My all time favorite.

Blues Brothers. We're on a mission from God.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and NL Vacation

Lion King

Fantasia

The Color Purple

NL's Animal House

African Queen

An American Werewolf in London

Fargo

Young Frankenstein

Last edited:
Thanks Dawg, in National Lampoon's Vacation movies--I found Chevy Chase to be very endearing in his dorkiness.:LOL::LOL: Who doesn't love a little humility or is it humiliation?

Babe...the singing mice and I know the whole movie.

Star Trek...ummm because, hey! it's Star Trek!

Star Wars...same thing...

Pirates of the Caribbean...you know I could keep going and I haven't even touched on John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart.

So far, I've only seen the title of one movie I don't like...Gong with the Wind puts me to sleep...

PrincessFiona60 said:
So far, I've only seen the title of one movie I don't like...Gong with the Wind puts me to sleep...

DH agrees.

I can quote the whole script.

Isn't that the movie with 'Frankly My Dear, I don't give a cement wall that holds back the flow of water'? Something like that.

Subscribed. will throw in my $.02 tomorrow when I have a bit more time, but hope to see some titles in here I haven't seen. I LOVE movies!

Subscribed. will throw in my $.02 tomorrow when I have a bit more time, but hope to see some titles in here I haven't seen. I LOVE movies!

Feel free to throw in a couple bucks worth tomorrow. I like knowing a little about a movie before I buy it--older, newer, doesn't matter to me!

Fantasia, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gone with the wind, Clint Eastwood movies, Green Mile, War Horse, Shirley Temple movies, what a cutie, Love movies that are made in the south and are of the long ago age,
kades

Comedy- Young Frankenstein
Western Comedy/Drama-- Little Big Man
Western--Anything Clint Eastwood plus Jeremiah Johnson and can't forget The Mountain Men
Horror--The Exorcist, Devil's Rejects, Rob Zombie's Halloween
Science Fiction--The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
That'll do for now.

What are your favorite movies and --why?

I like anything I can watch the first time, then again, then again and I put it away for a few weeks and watch it again!

Here's the beginning of my best movies.
Movie--why I liked it.

The Shawshank Redemption--justice in an unjust world.

The Piano--story about feelings and communication, beautiful music and scenery. Love and Hate.

The Green Mile--the characters, of evil (Percy Wetmore), of good (Tom Hank's character).

Forrest Gump--good feelings, meaning well, and the way his life was laced through historical moments.

Erin Brockovich--what a smart person can do because they care.

Philadephia--injustice and how the court system tears people apart by allowing every personal attack and innuendo. Prejudice.

Avatar--Lack of respect for a culture/religion to pillage their resources.

Little Miss Sunshine--happy and sad points, it made me laugh. Terribly inappropriate--funny.

(there's more, I'm just not sitting by my favorite movies on DVD--more to follow)

What are your favorite movies? Have you just seen one you really liked? Let's talk about it. Like any of my favorites?

That pretty much would be my list too and in the same order. Expect the last one, I simply have not seen it yet.

A few I can think of...

• The Fifth Element. One of my all-time favorites. It's just a fun, fast-paced flick that I can watch again and again.
  • Avatar. I haven't seen it since it was in the theaters. I can't tell you how disappointed I am that they haven't released the Blu-Ray 3D version to the general public yet. I won't buy it until they do.
  • Gladiator. Historical inaccuracies aside, this is another one I can watch over and over.
  • All the Men in Black movies. And yes, I've seen the newest one, too.
  • Sideways. What can I say? I'm a wine lover.
  • All the Terminator movies. Even the bad ones.
  • Blade Runner
  • The first two "Alien" movies
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Raising Arizona
  • O Brother Where Art Thou
  • The Matrix movies. They were ahead of their time.
  • Dark City. A weird sci-fi vampire movie, and I pretty much hate all vampire movies.
In a nutshell, I can sit and watch anything by Ridley Scott or the Coen brothers.

Last edited:
A few I can think of...

• The Fifth Element. One of my all-time favorites. It's just a fun, fast-paced flick that I can watch again and again.
  • Avatar. I haven't seen it since it was in the theaters. I can't tell you how disappointed I am that they haven't released the Blu-Ray 3D version to the general public yet. I won't buy it until they do.
  • Gladiator. Historical inaccuracies aside, this is another one I can watch over and over.
  • All the Men in Black movies. And yes, I've seen the newest one, too.
  • Sideways. What can I say? I'm a wine lover.
  • All the Terminator movies. Even the bad ones.
  • Blade Runner
  • The first two "Alien" movies
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Raising Arizona
  • O Brother Where Art Thou
  • The Matrix movies. They were ahead of their time.
  • Dark City. A weird sci-fi vampire movie, and I pretty much hate all vampire movies.
In a nutshell, I can sit and watch anything by Ridley Scott or the Coen brothers.

Lovely list, especially the first two!

Back
Top Bottom