"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
Everymom

Favorite New Product/Toy

OK, I won't go into details about WHY I bought this particular item as it is pretty gross, but I just purchased some of those disposable antiseptic wipes. You know the type, Clorox wipes, Lysol wipes, whatever. I love these things. I am not going to be buying them on a regular basis as I feel like I can do the job with a rag and spray bottle just as easily, but for a quick clean up of really disgusting stuff, these were just the ticket.

What is your new favorite product?

Old 05-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

I love those wipes too Alix. We have the Clorox orange scented ones.

My new favorite product is this little fridge "keg". It has a spigot on the bottom. I use it for water. Now I don't have to pull anything out of the fridge to get a drink. Just put the cup under the spigot and push. It also has a center column that attaches to the lid. You put the center piece in the freezer and then when it is frozen it screws into the cap and keeps your liquid nice and cold. I can't wait to use this out on my deck by the pool once the weather is nice. The best thing about it was that it only cost $3.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Magic Eraser, love it, never have to touch it, DH is addicted to playing with them so I only have to buy it and all kinds of things around the house are being cleaned.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I like those wipes too. I keep them in the bathroom and give everything a quick wipe down while I brush my teeth.

I can't remember buying anything new to me recently. I'll be ordering some new silicone spatulas soon and I'm sure I'll love those! Other than that, I'm really happy with the food processor dh got me a couple months ago. But my favorite is sure to be the chocolates I'm recieving for mother's day! dh said they'll be coming tomorrow. www.leonidas.com
Old 05-11-2006, 02:12 AM   #5
Executive Chef

This isn't new, but a real favorite. Our dd and family came for dinner last night since we are going to be away for a while. She asked that dh and I wait in the family room until she called us in. When she called us in, I was shocked. A chair that dh bought with a livingroom suite before we were married and I though was probably gotten rid of years ago, she had it rebuilt and recovered in a wonderful fabric that goes so well with the furniture in the lr. We gave it to her when she was divorced many years ago and it has travelled all over town, to the west coast, several moves on the east coast and back home. When we thanked her, she said "it is the least I can do for the people who gave me life". I thought that was so sweet.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
This isn't really new but I cannot live without Reynold's Wrap Release foil. That's one thing. I know I'll think of more!