¿Favorite Silver Screen Classic Films?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Since my passions are gastronomy, wine and travel, within each of these genres, are classic films of all times ... and thus, my all time fave film is:
Casablanca ... I have seen it in original English version uncountable times, and on Spanish and Italian TV, they show it every 6 months ... amongst other great classics ...
Margi.

Shirley Temple movies,Follow me Boys,where the red fern grows are on the top shelf.

My all time favorite Classic is probably Captains Couragous.

The list is too long but, here are a few

Sunset Boulevard, The Norma Desmond Story
The Little Princess with Shirley Temple
The Quiet Man with Maureen O'Hara and John wayne
Mrs. Miniver
Hellfighters with John Wayne
and on and on.....

Ooh. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. Definitely Casablanca. The Chrismas movies: It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th St.

The Day the Earth Stood Still. The Fighting Kentuckian. War of the Worlds.

Casablanca ... I have seen it in original English version uncountable times, and on Spanish and Italian TV, they show it every 6 months ...

I have Casablnca in my DVD collection. It is one of my favorites!

I'll have to watch it in Spanish with subtitles a few times. I have modest Spanish skills but I think on repeated viewing I could get it, particularly if I have subtitles to clue me in.

I would rate Casablanca as one of the best 10 movies for all time, and certainly one of my own best 10 movies.

Last edited:
Casablanca is one of my favorite films. I watched Portrait of Jenny last night. Haven't seen it in years. There are so many. To name a few:

The Postman Always Rings Twice (the original)
Double Indemnity
Razor's Edge
Somewhere In Time
A Place In the Sun
I Confess
All the Fred & Ginger movies
Rebecca
Now Voyager
Vertigo
Rear Window
Sunset Blvd.
Singing In the Rain

Anything Hitchcock! And how about Busby Berkeley? (Yeah of course you have to turn down the sound and play some heavy metal... Preferably Metallica....)

Along with many of those already mentioned, anything with Humphrey Bogart, e.g., The Treasure of the Sierra Madre or The African Queen also starring Katharine Hepburn.

Am I the only person in the world who hasn't seen Casablanca?

The happiest Sunday I ever had was watching The Magnificat Seven with a Yorkie in my lap letting me rub her tummy through the whole movie.

WWII movies with John Wayne
Musicals
How Green Was My Valley

I need to get some blank dics so I can start to record them minus the commericials.

ANYTHING with Cary Grant. I love his comedy BUT Penny Serenade SHOULD have earned him an Oscar.

We're No Angels (the Original with Boggy, Aldo Ray, Peter Ustinov, Basil Rathdone, Leo G. Carrol, Joan Bennet)

Ooh. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. Definitely Casablanca. The Chrismas movies: It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th St.

I'm with you. Love Betty Davis movies. Especially " Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte."

What I'd give to accidentally push a Ceramic pot on one of my sisters head.:angel: :ROFLMAO:

To Kill A Mockingbird is my all time favorite movie. It's a shame that they don't make movies like the classics anymore.

Munky.

To all Members who have Posted,

Grazie... Mercì ... Muchas Gracías ... Danke... Thanks for your feedback. Lots of masterpieces in film here ... Love Humphrey Bogart too ... and a few others I have enjoyed over the years are: African Queen, San Francisco with Jeanette Mc Donald and Spencer Tracy ( she sang like a bird ) and Phantom of the Opera with Douglas Fairbanks Jr. the original and the original Kerr and Yul Brynner The King and I ... masterpieces ... I have also greatly appreciated Shirley Temple and Hayley Mills in my youth. I also love Anthony Quinn and Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Olivier and Marcello Mastrianni and Gian Carlo Gianinni and Franco Neri ... as well as MARI SOL who was the Shirley Temple of Spain in her day ... She was such a beautiful child who sang like a bird. She is retired from the film and tv world now ...

One of my fave Walt Disney tv films was: James Mc Arthur in THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST ... about a 1/2 Indian boy and 1/2 white ... It was a beautiful film ... so many ... uncountable classic films ... Gone with the wind is a fave too ...

Margi ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom