Favorite Wedding Toasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisher's Mom

Executive Chef
If any of you have favorite wedding toasts and/or speeches you would share, I would be so grateful. My boy is getting married this weekend and his brothers and I would like to have some good toasts and speeches ready. They can be traditional or funny, long or short. Since ya'll are such a witty and well-spoken group, I figured this would be the best place to ask.

here's two from the irish,

the test of gold is fire., the test of truth is time.
the test of god's love are the heavens above, and everything sublime.
treasures in life are many, dreams realized but few,
but i know the test of god's goodness is when he gave me a (wife/husband) like you.

may the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back.
may the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall softly upon your fields.
and until we all meet again, may god hold you in the palm of his hand.

If any of you have favorite wedding toasts and/or speeches you would share, I would be so grateful. My boy is getting married this weekend and his brothers and I would like to have some good toasts and speeches ready. They can be traditional or funny, long or short. Since ya'll are such a witty and well-spoken group, I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Another Irish favorite is:

May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies and quick to make friends. And may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.

I like those. :cool:

This is very short, and it is actually from a plaque that I gave my parents years ago: Marriage is the union of two good forgivers.

:)Barbara

Thank you all for the lovely toasts!! I must be Irish at heart because I sure used the ones ya'll posted here!

The wedding is over and my family has gotten larger again! The weather on the beach was perfect and everything went smoothly. Here are a couple of pics I just got off of my camera.

Attachments

• Wed1.jpg
    Wed1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Wed3.jpg
    Wed3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Brothers1.jpg
    Brothers1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 167
Thanks, Laurie! I can't believe after all the hustle and bustle that it really happened. Or that my beautiful boy is all grown up and has a beautiful bride.

Back
Top Bottom