Favorite winter (holiday) mood CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mozart

Senior Cook
Hi all

I'm interested in what you all might have as your favorite winter/holiday mood music.

Mine is a classic that is now 25 years old (Gosh, don't remind me:glare:):

"December" by George Winston on the Windham Hill records label

Great stuff and always puts me in a mellow mood even if the roast comes out dry:rolleyes:

Mozart

Y'all might laugh at this, but... John Denver and the Muppets Christmas :LOL:

When I was younger we had the record and my mom and I would bake Christmas cookies singing along to it. Those are times long gone and that CD (I had to search far and wide for that!) brings me back to those memories.

mozart, I love that one too.

Also like anything like Handel's Messiah and the likes.
Kenny G's Holiday albums are good, and gotta love Harry Connick and Michael Buble.
Josh Groban's Noel is amazing.

Y'all might laugh at this, but... John Denver and the Muppets Christmas :LOL:

When I was younger we had the record and my mom and I would bake Christmas cookies singing along to it. Those are times long gone and that CD (I had to search far and wide for that!) brings me back to those memories.

I honestly don't remember if my mom had the record or the tape or anything of that, but for me it's not Christmas without their version of the Twelve Days of Christmas. :) When she asked me to make a Christmas CD for her a few years ago, I just had to put that song on there.

This year is the first in a while that I've really felt like I'm in a holiday mood, so I haven't found a specific CD that does it for me. Lately I've just been listening to the local light music station, which has been playing nothing but Christmas music since the middle of November (but not the Muppet songs... I have to get my fix elsewhere).

So funny. When I saw "mood CD" I knew Windham Hill would come up.

I really do not have a favorite. My music choices change from day to day, not so much season to season.

Back
Top Bottom