Fear Factor DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In keeping with the spirit of DC and many cooking forums... here it comes... :ermm:

Open up my pantry and you will find Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
Open up my refrigerator door and you will find Kraft Parmesan Cheese.

Some people find those very gross :angel:

And just to say, I do make homemade mac & cheese and I also have a chunk of parm in the fridge, but the aforementioned do have their uses. As a matter of fact, I have never made a good garlic/parm wing sauce until I put away the fresh and pulled out the "green can". So there :LOL:

(and I love Del Monte canned green beans, too!)

Whoo boy! :ROFLMAO:

Pacanis you should be ashamed of yourself using such trash...hey...what are you doing in my cupboard ..get out of there ..that's private...what do you mean "What is this?" It's none of your business. It was a gift. I'd never use that product...Oh, never mind!:angel:

These things are no where near as "exotic" as some of the stuff you folks have mentioned but folks around here ( at least in dh's family) are very white bread. They think I'm strange because I like frogs legs as well as tuna and egg salad. Sigh, I should have lived in a much more metropolitan place, or a much more rural place.

Well just save a pack for a rainy day when life smacks you in the teeth:LOL: That's what I do wanna look in my pantry?
kades

I have some chicken stock going right now, I'm going to play with a couple of Asian ingredients and see if I can get some acceptable noodle soup.:chef:

I think I would have a fun time digging through your pantry.

i once joked with korean and japanese friends that their culture will eat anything.

they responded that no, the chinese eat anything. they each have cuisine.

along those lines, about the only thing that i can add to the list so far is monkfish liver and kidneys (japanese and french styles), and tuna heart sashimi.

Just remembered a few more.
Chicken stamaches, sashimi, fish roe, tips of chicken wings (bone and all), I suck out the heads of my prawns and eat the feet, all the congeiled dark bits in the chicken carcas, Flying ants fried, oysters, offal, haggis etc etc etc
Don't think there is much than can crepe me out, just won't eat any rodents unless I have to.
Maybe the worst I can mention is my love the following processed garbage..lol!
I like tomato cup'n soup with added salt, polony, viennas, instant coffee, cremora, fruit loops, woolworths microwave pasta dishes (all of them) :p

I didn't realize fish organs were eaten. I just never thought about it.

a still beating fresh water eel heart in a shot of sake
roasted cicada abdomens

the problem is that most of us regulars at DC have no fear of food, and many of us have at least tried something once. and some of us eat it every day.

a still beating fresh water eel heart in a shot of sake
roasted cicada abdomens

the problem is that most of us regulars at DC have no fear of food, and many of us have at least tried something once. and some of us eat it every day.

I don't care for Sake:angel:

Chicken livers, gizzards, heart and neck. Beef liver and onions. And...I like Taco Bell, oh my!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom