Fear Factor DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Just for fun I thought we could name the things we eat that others might find gross :LOL:

Here goes!

I eat sheeps head, baked beef bone marrow on toast, crocodile, snake, blood pudding, liver, chicken necks, black pudding, the bones in sardines, and ox tongue. Can't think of anything else right now, maybe more will come to me later.

I am top of the food chain....if it walks, crawls, flies, slithers, or swims...it is fair game and, most times, the innards too. BTW, I love me some blood pudding!!!

Just for fun I thought we could name the things we eat that others might find gross.

In keeping with the spirit of DC and many cooking forums... here it comes... :ermm:

Open up my pantry and you will find Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
Open up my refrigerator door and you will find Kraft Parmesan Cheese.

Some people find those very gross :angel:

And just to say, I do make homemade mac & cheese and I also have a chunk of parm in the fridge, but the aforementioned do have their uses. As a matter of fact, I have never made a good garlic/parm wing sauce until I put away the fresh and pulled out the "green can". So there :LOL:

(and I love Del Monte canned green beans, too!)
Whoo boy! :ROFLMAO:

In keeping with the spirit of DC and many cooking forums... here it comes... :ermm:

Open up my pantry and you will find Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
Open up my refrigerator door and you will find Kraft Parmesan Cheese.

Some people find those very gross :angel:
:ROFLMAO:

Errrrmmm ..well I don't...my dinner plans changes so I opened my cupboard and I made WalMart brand Mac & Cheese. Oh, and I put Kraft Parm on my salad with Ken's Italian dressing.

What do I like... pickled herring, fried chicken livers.

Chicken and Turkey gizzards and necks, Canned Corned Beef, Spam, Vienna Sausage, Garbanzos (cold from the can), Kirkland Brand Mac n'Cheese, Instant brown rice.

Braunschwieger (liverwurst),
Liver (all kinds),
Limburger cheese (when I can find it!),
Chocolate covered creepy crawlies,
Sashimi
(raw seafood),
Head cheese,
Beef tongue,

Haggis (chopped sheep lungs and other innards mixed with oatmeal and spices, stuffed into and then boiled in a sheep's stomach),
Tofu,
Anchovies,
Wasabi,
Rocky Mountain Oysters,
Rabbit,
Squirrel,
Fish Sauce,
Alligator,

and
Pickled Watermelon Rind
to name a few.

I remember camping with a BF years ago and eating a chicken liver from our campfire bird. He was seriously creeped out. Also grossed out DH by eating a baby octopus in a cioppino. Tasted like a bandaide. Candied ants. Crunchy. Sardines as a kid till I discovered the skeletons. Something that looked like cooked rat in Antigua ( they said it was chicken). Whole scallops, including the orange stuff and guts in St. Martin ( didn't know any better).

Last edited:
I guess I am NOT an adventurous eater! So far most of the things on these lists you couldn't pay me enough to try!! The exceptions are the Kraft mac'n'cheese and the Kraft Parm and the spam.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I miss Ramen...to much sodium.

Me too. Standard college food, might as well pour the salt shaker down your throat.

Braunschwieger (liverwurst),
Liver (all kinds),
Limburger cheese (when I can find it!),
Chocolate covered creepy crawlies,
Sashimi
(raw seafood),
Head cheese,
Beef tongue,

Haggis (chopped sheep lungs and other innards mixed with oatmeal and spices, stuffed into and then boiled in a sheep's stomach),
Tofu,
Anchovies,
Wasabi,
Rocky Mountain Oysters,
Rabbit,
Squirrel,
Fish Sauce,
Alligator,

and
Pickled Watermelon Rind
to name a few.

Your list seems completely normal to me, except for the alligator and squirrel, just don't find them around here.

A few of the more unusual things I have had (at least from an American's perspective)

Sea urchin roe (but any sushi aficianado will tell you it fabulous, and I agree, it is one of my favorites...too bad it is so expensive).

Chicken feet - dim sum staple. I am working with an aircraft maintenance company in Hong Kong, because of me, they affectionately refer to them as "landing gear".

Durian. Oniony, floral, pudding.

Lamb brains. Fresh, sliced, with a squeeze of lemon. Mmmmm.

Jellyfish salad. Crunchy, saline, good vehicle for other flavors.

To name a few.

A beef tongue that is well prepared, is actually very good. I tried to do it at home a couple of times, but I couldn't duplicate the beef tongue I ate in Germany. Sigh, such is the life of being a rudimentary cook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom