~Fed up with summer~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE summer.. I'm always cold though.. and I HATE to be cold. Even during the hottest days of summer, if we're going to a movie, or a resteraunt, or wherever, I always bring a sweater or jacket with me. Even if I just end up carrying it the whole time (doesn't happen often) I usually am freezing within 10 min. It's been in the high 80 to low 90's here, but man, the mornings have been getting cold. I've never looked to see what the temp's been, but I go to work at 5:30 am, and i've been needing a sweater. So no.. lol.. i'm not fed up with summer, i'm dredding winter!! *BUT* I absolutely love, love, LOVE Christmas time! So I really don't start hating winter until January....

I understand quicksilver... I too am not fond of the high heat and humidity... and that is pretty much all we have had since May except for a week of reprieve.

Ilove fall. It's my favorite time of the year. The nice cool days and the beautiful fall colors...I can't wait!!!!

Fed up of summer? We haven't had summer yet, except some some on the weekend :(

I'm sick of it too. It's 83 degrees but the darn humidity is so high it feels more like 95 degrees. Then the darn mosquitos are driving us crazy. Ick! I'm looking forward to cooler weather.

I am jonesing for Fall to get here. We're getting the Fay effect yesterday and today. The roads were a mess. You would have thought an actual hurricane came through the way the roads looked.

It will be interesting to see what Gustav does. All I know, I'm with everyone who's tired of summer ~ bring on Fall and fast!!

In Seattle... it's raining and gray again. NO, I am not ready for "summer" to be over.
I want my SUNSHINE!!!!!!

Another good one today. heat index 104, humidity 87%.
Pouring buckets right now, so it will cool off to what, maybe 100, humidity 100%?
I need a break!

I was growing tired of it until Monday night when there was a frost warning and people just a bit to the north (think 10 miles) awoke to find frost on the roof. I am NOT ready for that! I love fall and winter but I would like a little more summer (at least until all my tomatoes are done and my squash is big enough to handle the nip at night).

No, I'm not sick of summer, I love warm weather. I also am ready for fall and the beautiful colors that it brings to the countryside. What a pretty site it is to look out over Kinzua resevoir and see nothing but reds, yellows, oranges, and anything in between. What I'm not ready for is what comes after that, which is snow, slippery roads, and freezing temperatures. If we had snow only for the week of Christmas I'd be happy!!!!

I can put enough clothes on to get warm in the winter - can't take enough off to get cool in the middle of summer (nope - will not include pix ... LOL)

Ironically - I can take the heat and humidity on the coast - but the same temp and humidity inland is intolerable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom