Feeling blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)And dont forget walk in with a positive attitude even if its a job you wouldnt normally apply for, look at it as a way to get money thats your main goal get the money.Make sure your smile is a real smile not a pretend smile.Look them in the eye when you apply not a stare but a genuine type of connection.I have read that if you are relaxed and kinda of mimic the employers body language they get a connection to you.Also if you are applying for a certain job let them know you will work in any capacity until the job you want opens up.Im here for you as are the rest of us.There has to be something out there you just havn't found it yet.Oh and by the way just how far away is the small city you mention?

about 10 miles. We call it the city,but most of the stores are closed. More nonprofit organizations trying to revitalize the city the there are stores. I live out where all you here is birds chirping, the city is any place that has street lights. LOL

VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
Hi Mikki! The site above is the one I referred to but I don't know if they are still hiring or if there is any restriction to foreigners but it can't hurt to shoot of an email.

This link below is to avoid the dodgy coys and is US based so the info should be good for you.

Tips for Avoiding Work-at-Home Scams, from the Internet Fraud Watch

The site for frugal moms on the previous (?) page of posts looked interesting. Also have a look at the govt job site for NY State. You might find something suitable within travelling distance and if not, it doesn't hurt to sit any exams and be ready just in case.

Government Jobs in New York - NYJobsource.com

Hope those sites help you somewhat, or at least help you think of other google searches that might get you where you need to be.

Two "tricks" I use for interviews - one I interview them (gives you the upperhand mentally and they know that you are "with it") and two, think of a good time before you go in to the interview that will put a genuine smile on your face - but try to avoid those times that make you burst out laughing. Not a good look....

Mikki I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this, I don't get online much on weekends.
To my fellow cornbread baker :) I'm so sorry to hear you are having a bad time. Jobs have been hard to find in your area a long time haven't they....
My DH gets essentially laid off in winter, and I only work 13 hours a week, winter is hard here. I was thinking about maybe some house cleaning, but my guess is in your area people aren't going to have the extra $$ to pay someone else to clean the house.
I thought about daycare, but I stay home with my kids because I don't believe in sending then TO daycare, so what would be the difference? I think if your husband wants you to work so badly he should get over himself and his living room and let you do what you gotta do.
In the meantime, cheer up, and you can always get online and cook w/ me all day!
New oven day tomorrow. YIPEEEEEE!
Then you can stop hearing about it. :)

Mikki I am male and a sensitive one at that. Boot you insensitive husband where it would hurt the worst.. Then tell him up front to knock off the negative nonsense and start being supportive or show him the door. You do not kneed this aggravation at this time in your life. G d works in strange ways at times and I have faith that the Master is looking out for you. He has helped me numerous times. I am a fully trained Chef and when I had to I worked as a cleaner of bathrooms just to survive But a new door will open
It is always darkest just before the dawn so hang in. QUIT TAKING RUBISH FROM YOUR HUSBAND. It is hard but ask G D for help and think positive.
Mikki, you know how some people are brighter^^^^^than others? Some spouses are less sensitive than others. Dave is right here. You should be asking for help from a much stronger source than the one you're married to. Your husband is not being supportive right now, but there is One Who will be. You need pats on the back, encouragement, a sensitive ear to listen to you in times of need, a soft place to fall, and the time for that is now. You don't seem to be getting that so go out on a limb here and be firm with that man that keeps putting you down.
It's easy for us to say, all of us probably seem to be in an easier place than you are right now, but you never know what lies beneath the surface. Others are hurting and in pain now too.
I don't care much about the things you said to me in your PM [regarding things you 'used' to do]. I care about now. DO THEM NOW...[that was in Caps but it's meant as a loving gesture so you'll pay attention] (((((Mikki)))))

LEFSE-As per your advice,I had a good long talk with a good neighbor who teaches religous education.Has offered to get together with me once a week and "talk".
Its amazing what difference a day makes. Got up this morning and oneof my good friends from work (who also knows husband and how he is) called to see how I was doing,of course broke down to him. Told him everything I was feeling, told me he promised to call at least once a week,so I didn't feel alone. Gave me the extra boost for job hunting today. Put in lots of applications,with a big :D on my face. I'm hopeful someone will call.

LEFSE-As per your advice,I had a good long talk with a good neighbor who teaches religous education.Has offered to get together with me once a week and "talk".
Its amazing what difference a day makes. Got up this morning and oneof my good friends from work (who also knows husband and how he is) called to see how I was doing,of course broke down to him. Told him everything I was feeling, told me he promised to call at least once a week,so I didn't feel alone. Gave me the extra boost for job hunting today. Put in lots of applications,with a big :D on my face. I'm hopeful someone will call.

Hi Mikki, My heart goes out to you, hang in there hon,times will get
better. Don't know if you have faith, but this is the only thing has gotten me to 62 -(yuck). I don't go to church, but my Mom taught me the gift of faith. Wishing you and your children the best, try and have a nice holiday.. Better ones are coming ! Some Hubby are clueless, I have two sons, 27 and 38 - the oldest, is very selfish (Leo) everything has to be his way. My other is a sweetheart - I raised both of them the same too, love them the same but can see any women that would put up with him. He has been separated for almost 2 yrs. I think some men should never get married !!
Wishing the best for you, take care. We are all here for you whenever you need us. Great family here !
Barb L.

:):)Good for you Mikki you got in a solid productive day.Try to stay positive Im really glad you have some people at home to talk to as well.As for BH ignore him the best you can, tune him out if you can.Rest easy now, as you did real every thing you could possibly do today.

Back
Top Bottom