"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #11
Head Chef

i totally understand what you are feeling right now,and i can relate.I've been there.The longest we were apart was for 2 months, after a year we got married,when i went back home and he was still in USA.that drove both of us crazy but the good part was,we realized we couldnt live without eachother,and that how deeply we loved eachother.and that made us grateful for having eachother.so in a way,the love rekindles,and the bond becomes even stronger.just tell her when she calls you from Boston,about what u r feeling.She wouldnt wait to get back home.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:32 AM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

My husband was home on weekends and long holiday breaks, like Christmas, but he was away at school for 11 1/2 months. He is finally finished. He liked it when I sent a card to him at school. I was thinking, you could have flowers delivered to her hotel about halfway through her visit. Then, for her homecoming, you could arrange ahead of time for someone to take the kids (after they get to welcome her home first) and have a romantic candle-lit dinner at home or at your favorite restaurant.

Barbara

Old 07-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Thank you for your replies. I'm not feeling so melancholy now. She is in Boston to do a Windows 2008 course.

We are exchanging emails so keeping in touch. She has also bought a telephone card but can't understand how to work it. Her first comments:
Breaksfasts are strange and the radio programmes are wierd. Oh well different cultures.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #14
Head Chef

LOL! What does she think is weird about breakfasts, mini?

Lee
Old 07-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

probably the roasted children threw her off. (hey, it is boston during the baseball season)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #16
Executive Chef

The yoghurts are different from ours - but I think it was the appearance of cake and sugar coated doughnuts that really shook her.