Feeling sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniman

Executive Chef
DW has gone off to Boston for 2 weeks. This will be the longest we have been apart. She can drive me crazy when she is here but I do miss her when she isn't. I find myself staying up too late & not wanting to go to bed, then wake up too early so get tired and ratty. The boys are in bed and asleep and I don't feel like doing anything.

I understand your feelings. All of my life, I have been the one that traveled. Now sometimes my wife has to go away and I am home alone. I miss her and it doesn't help that our labs stare out the window and pine as well. We kid that they consider the four of us Me, DW and 2 labs) to be their dog pack and want the whole pack together.

I am touched by how much you miss her. Isn't that wonderful? You two must have a very special relationship. Maybe you could use this time to do a little project that would please and delight her when she gets back home?

:) When I'm gone a few days or weeks DH does all kinds of chores that he never would do when I'm home. So, yes surprise her with some of the things she has been wanting done it will also make you feel a lot better.

I'm sorry that you are feeling sad, mini. So nice that you have such a love!

What is your DW doing here in Boston?

Lee

sorry to hear that your feeling a little sad, miniman. :cool:

seriously, though, we aren't the people/person that you should be telling.

when she gets home, sing her a song that will make her heart swell and burst.

tell her that you know when she's in the room; you can smell her like a flower. you can taste her, like sugar on your tongue. when you're 20 feet away, you can hear the fabric of her dress when she moves in her chair.

oh, and you might want to rent "joe v.s. the volcano", and watch it together. good movie. :)

when she gets home, sing her a song that will make her heart swell and burst.

tell her that you know when she's in the room; you can smell her like a flower. you can taste her, like sugar on your tongue. when you're 20 feet away, you can hear the fabric of her dress when she moves in her chair.
Yeah, what he said.
Signed, Terry (who's swooning just reading this!)

i totally understand what you are feeling right now,and i can relate.I've been there.The longest we were apart was for 2 months, after a year we got married,when i went back home and he was still in USA.that drove both of us crazy but the good part was,we realized we couldnt live without eachother,and that how deeply we loved eachother.and that made us grateful for having eachother.so in a way,the love rekindles,and the bond becomes even stronger.just tell her when she calls you from Boston,about what u r feeling.She wouldnt wait to get back home.:)

My husband was home on weekends and long holiday breaks, like Christmas, but he was away at school for 11 1/2 months. He is finally finished. He liked it when I sent a card to him at school. I was thinking, you could have flowers delivered to her hotel about halfway through her visit. Then, for her homecoming, you could arrange ahead of time for someone to take the kids (after they get to welcome her home first) and have a romantic candle-lit dinner at home or at your favorite restaurant.

:)Barbara

Thank you for your replies. I'm not feeling so melancholy now. She is in Boston to do a Windows 2008 course.

We are exchanging emails so keeping in touch. She has also bought a telephone card but can't understand how to work it. Her first comments:
Breaksfasts are strange and the radio programmes are wierd. Oh well different cultures.

The yoghurts are different from ours - but I think it was the appearance of cake and sugar coated doughnuts that really shook her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom