"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

wooooooooooooooooooooo go england...

Old 06-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
Scotland's 'Tartan Army' is backing Trinidad and Tobago The sports shops are full of their kits and many of the tartan army have gone to Germany wearing 'CUJimmy bunnets' with Rasta dreadlocks instead of the usual bright red hair..

Personally, I've always had a soft spot for the Netherlands - and, in the absence of Scotland, that's who I'm backing. (Even if they don't have much of a chance!)
Do you happen to be a Rangers fan?? I am not sure now but a few years back the Gers looked almost like a semi Dutch team with Dick Advocaat at the helm...

The Dutch squad is another one like our team Azzuri... plenty of individual talent with the serious lack of team spirit... I think they could use someone like Guus Hiddink to straighten them out...

Old 06-12-2006, 07:24 AM   #13
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kennedy
England!!!!!!!!!!!

Crouch is going to score 4 tonight!

I wish !

I hope England win too, it's been a long time since 1966, but I think we ought to be watching out for the African nations.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #14
Executive Chef

[quote=urmaniac13]Do you happen to be a Rangers fan?? I am not sure now but a few years back the Gers looked almost like a semi Dutch team with Dick Advocaat at the helm...

quote]

Go and wash your mouth out..... Azzif any Edinburgh person would be a Rangers fan.... And I am a Hibs fan, not a Jamboes!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #15
Executive Chef

[quote=Ishbel]
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Do you happen to be a Rangers fan?? I am not sure now but a few years back the Gers looked almost like a semi Dutch team with Dick Advocaat at the helm...

quote]

Go and wash your mouth out..... Azzif any Edinburgh person would be a Rangers fan.... And I am a Hibs fan, not a Jamboes!
Yikes that was not really a wise thing to do, guessing your football loyalty without knowing exactly where in Scotland you are from!! Well, even if I did that may not still be a very wise thing, considering the nastiness of the Rangers vs. Celtic... I hope the things are a bit more peaceful between hibs and hearts!!

Sorry again Ishbel, I hope you won't start detesting me now with this statement, after that curling incident!!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:19 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Heheheeee - your nose is soooooo easy to tweak!!!

There is some sectarian 'difficulty' between Hibs and Hearts, but it is nowhere NEAR so nasty as Rangers/Celtic. a cousin of mine played for Rangers, and so did his son!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
Personally, I've always had a soft spot for the Netherlands - and, in the absence of Scotland, that's who I'm backing. (Even if they don't have much of a chance!)
you don't mean that, do you??

Australia did some good last minutes against Japan... three goals in eight minutes, starting in 84. min... *well done*

tonight is the first match in Hannover, we will see what it brings... Italia vs. Ghana..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #18
Sous Chef

Eat it Japan, eat it all up.

Should have been 3-0, but it's all the same to us now.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #19
Master Chef

haven't seen the first goal live, they just showed it a few minutes ago.. looked like a very strange situation..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara
tonight is the first match in Hannover, we will see what it brings... Italia vs. Ghana..
... they really shouldn't have any problems... but they also had some embarassing muck-ups during the qualfying rounds so you never know...

Wow, the team Italy is so close to you Cara!! Say ciao to our ragazzi, won't you!!?