FIFA WorldCup 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleep?

You think the guy who booted the goal in for the US can sleep, I mean ever? That was great that he wanted to help US but not when he is playing for opposition. At least US played better due to different positions they got. Just can't believe all the physical play that was allowed. Referee did bad job. Italy sure didn't impress me today.

The Czech/Ghana match was great. The poor Czechs were getting very frustrated, and a poor little Czech boy in the crowd was crying. The African teams have been great to watch!

I too couldn't believe the physicality in the match between the US and Italy.

Brazil v. Australia in two hours. Come on Aussies!!!!!

yesterday after work I went with some collegues to watch the Germany - Ecuador match yesterday in one of Hameln's pubic viewing areas.. (Frank is away thius week.. spends his evening in the big fan areas in Berlin and Leipzig..)
there could have been more people, but it was really fun... and it took me 20min for 2 miles on my way home.. the whole city was crowded with people and cars wavung german flags... I don't want to be there if G really wins the final.....

Firstly, congrats for Cara and her German squad for safely getting through the first round. Also I am happy for the team England. (Golly, I just wonder how Sven Goran Eriksson would have felt his own team playing against his own country...) And I hope Michael O's injury wouldn't be too serious...

My guts are in knots just thinking about the match tonight, Italia vs Czech... yikes, Ghana is winning right now, so if they end up this way, Italy really really will have to win to advance, even the tie wouldn't be good, they MUST advance as the top of the group otherwise they will have to face Brazil on the second round!! Noooo!! And Czech can be a very, very tough opponent, espcially for a team that has been sloshing about like the Azzuri have been doing!! They really need to gear it up tonight....
63.gif

everything is still open... even the US-Boys can still reach the next round... but for that they have to fight....

Yey, PIPPO!! The second goal for the Azzuri!!

I-talia, I-talia, I-talia!! They won they won they won!!

(mamma mia... somehow I was thinking Italy was gonna play at 21, I realised they were playing right now just after my last post...)

Now they have also avoided the early head on with Brazil, I can go to the gym with smile on my face...:) :) :)

The performance of Ghana is quite impressive!! They could well be the "Senegal of 2006":)

we will see, what's coming... :mrgreen:
Frank came back with a Germany Jersey from Berlin... he thinks about going back there if we reach the finals... I don't know, if that is a good idea.. I could imagine, more people think like that...

the Socceros did well, congrats to the other end of the world! SO did Ghana.. but the favored Czech can go home, as can Croatia and Serbia & Montenegro...

Last edited:
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Waltzing Matilda, who bloody killed her.

Red and Whaite, Red and White you're all going home tonight.

Watch out Italy, your next, Mwahahahahaaaaaaa :-p

You have Guus Hiddink as the coach... do you remember him? He was last worldcups' Southcorea coach.. they ended up in the half final - against Germany.. but played a great tournament...

You are lucky cara you don't have to get up at ungodly hours to watch the games although at least this morning's Australia v Croatia was at 5am our time. Italy next week is at 1am or something like that but I will probably get up, I can't believe we've got this far.:) GO AUSSIE

mrsmac, there you are right.. but if the matches start in the afternoon (3pm or 4pm) I have the problem, I'm still at work ;o)

It is great to have the Worldcup in Germany!

cara said:
You have Guus Hiddink as the coach... do you remember him? He was last worldcups' Southcorea coach.. they ended up in the half final - against Germany.. but played a great tournament...

I do remember all too well!! And was thinking about the same thing!!
Mr. Hiddink is an exceptional coach, wonderful guy, too. He has the knack to bind the players together and bring out the best in each of them, really Italy could use a coach just like him!

If there is to be any upset, I would prefer Ghana surprising the samba squad and show us their African power yet again like Senegal did against France 4 years ago!:-p

urmaniac13 said:
Germany 2 - 0 Sweden

Congrats to team Germany and to Cara!!

thanks Licia
18.gif

we did not get into the Fanarena, they closed it too early.. five minutes later and we would have been in... :dry:
so we went back to our beergarden to watch it there.. and I think it was much better there.. not so crowded, shadow place.. short way to the bar, cheaper drinks :mrgreen:
much fun, we really enjoyed it!

good luck to the socceros tonight... they are able to kick the Italians out *sorry Licia* :mrgreen:

And Switzerland must beat the Ukraine.... *hopp schwyz*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom