FIFA WorldCup 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FRANCESCO TOTTI
PRIDE OF ROMA
NOW THE HERO OF ITALY!!

Our team Azzuri made it through to the Quarter Final, woohoohoohoo!!!!​

I like Soccer as well ! It is the closest to being a World Sport right now ! As far as everyone is involved !
:cool:

Last edited:
It was a great game, just a shame we had to lose under the circumstances we did but we can't be poor losers and it is amazing we got so far.:(

Yes, and you've certainly got some good players, Cahill, Viduka and Kewell for instance - all of whom we know in the UK. Better luck next time - at least YOUR country reached the finals... mine? :(

mrsmac said:
It was a great game, just a shame we had to lose under the circumstances we did but we can't be poor losers and it is amazing we got so far.:(

Yes Mrsmac, you got a fine squad with great spirit. Mr. Hiddink, as usual did a fine job with them and they give us more than a few scares. It was a pity Harry Kewell was out yesterday. Good luck to them in the future!! (Until they meet Italy again next time..:ROFLMAO: )

"Ohne Holland fahr'n wir nach Berlin.. fahr'n wir nach Berlin.." *sing*

Ishbel, I told you there would come nothing from the oranjes.. :mrgreen:

but it was rather unfair, the these italians kicked the Socceros off... made a horrible match and finally won with a penalty that was not worth it..
4.gif

Frank and I won't go to any italian Restaurant for at least this month.
noeeee.gif

but tonight.. Germany - Argentina....
wm2006deutschland1.gif

Well, yes..... the Dutch team didn't exactly cover themselves with glory, did they?!

I was sorry to see the Aussies go out, too.

I hope Germany win, cos according to my daughter's BF, Argentina would be a much tougher team to beat for the English (my daughter lives in London and her BF is English!) and they'd rather face Germany than Argentina :ROFLMAO:

cara said:
but it was rather unfair, the these italians kicked the Socceros off... made a horrible match and finally won with a penalty that was not worth it..
4.gif

Frank and I won't go to any italian Restaurant for at least this month.
noeeee.gif

Ahem, Cara, I thought you were my friend.
47.gif
33.gif

France's penalty goal was a beauty!!

But to be fair, you have a point, the Azzuri haven't played a worthy match which they should be capable of. It has been quite frustlating to watch them keep on slothing about, which is rather a continuation from the last time around 4 years ago. I do really hope they will wake up and start playing football like they should very soon, the opponents are getting tougher and tougher!

urmaniac13 said:
Ahem, Cara, I thought you were my friend.
47.gif
33.gif

France's penalty goal was a beauty!!

But to be fair, you have a point, the Azzuri haven't played a worthy match which they should be capable of. It has been quite frustlating to watch them keep on slothing about, which is rather a continuation from the last time around 4 years ago. I do really hope they will wake up and start playing football like they should very soon, the opponents are getting tougher and tougher!

But they are still a master class in 'diving', Urmaniac! There aren't many national teams who do it better! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ishbel said:
But they are still a master class in 'diving', Urmaniac! There aren't many national teams who do it better! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well... at least they are good at SOMETHING!!:ermm:

Germany vs Argentina match is about to start... I will be rooting for Argentinians, as they are the favourite of our dear friend, whose late husband was Argentinian and she lived there for a long time. And oh, just to spite Cara...:bangin:

Well at 64 mins (when I last looked) Germany were trailing by one goal to nil... C'mon Germany :)

Argentina beat Germany in every way except the final score! Germany today did not play well and the announces said so. I have watched all of the matches and saw Germany playing well in earlier games. with such great playing I thought they were unbeatable!
Today Germany won in double overtime and with penalty kicks! One **** of an effort gone to waste for Argentina!

Pete said:
Argentina beat Germany in every way except the final score! Germany today did not play well and the announces said so. I have watched all of the matches and saw Germany playing well in earlier games. with such great playing I thought they were unbeatable!
Today Germany won in double overtime and with penalty kicks! One **** of an effort gone to waste for Argentina!

I absolutely agree Pete, I always hated the PK shoot out especially at the end of such hard fought match. It is just not fair at all.
I sincerely think they should keep on playing until a sudden death goal.

Back
Top Bottom