FIFA WorldCup 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting fact Portugal has always lost to France, not sure about France and Italy. But Italy always been a strong team. Viva Italia!

C'moan le coqs sportif! So glad they beat Portugal, whose diving puts other teams in the shade. Even Figo, who I like was at it last night :)

Should be a good final.

Tres bien, team France!! Now we can expect a sizzling final to remember, I am already juiced up for it:rolleyes:

My vote for the Golden Ball award goes to Fabio Cannavaro, he has been the staunch anchor for the iron defence of the Azzuri, even during their slow start he was one of the very few working at the full speed. He is an excellent leader as a captain, too.

img_287225_0_d7f80f4c0a70d8d4ef7e765274044f93.jpg
The only problem with him is that he shaved off his flowing lock!!:ROFLMAO:

not very handsome these italian guys..
noeeee.gif

I hope everytbody understands, I can't be for the Italians for the final, so Allez le bleus!

Snoop Puss said:
Good grief, Urmaniac. I didn't expect a photo from Playgirl!

:-p I wouldn't be surprised if indeed he has been the model for them :w00t2:

I wouldn't mind seeing your Raul Gonzalez in similar role, either:brows:

My vote goes to Zinedine Zidane. Zizu came back from retirement and has done france proud.:)

urmaniac13 said:
Tres bien, team France!! Now we can expect a sizzling final to remember, I am already juiced up for it:rolleyes:

My vote for the Golden Ball award goes to Fabio Cannavaro, he has been the staunch anchor for the iron defence of the Azzuri, even during their slow start he was one of the very few working at the full speed. He is an excellent leader as a captain, too.

img_287288_0_d7f80f4c0a70d8d4ef7e765274044f93.jpg
The only problem with him is that he shaved off his flowing lock!!:ROFLMAO:

Nice! Another reason to watch soccer:-p I kinda want Italy to win but only because I am part Italian, other than that, it doesn't reall matter to me. I was surprised to see how Italy's team didn't have really any good looking guys, I always found Italian men attractive but I guess soccer isn't a interest for them:(

Football is an interest for every Italian male I've ever met :) I was sitting in a restaurant in Florence during either the last World Cup or the European cup.. We waited.... and waited.... and waited between courses. After being there for nearly 2 hours and only served the first course, I went looking for waiting staff... ALL of them were in the kitchen, watching the Azzuris.

Nice picture Urmaniac:brows: Good luck to both teams on Sunday. Both teams are very good, but I have to pick a team right, so I'm going with Italy...no offense to France members. Should be a very good game!

ITALY all the way! We have so many Italian-Americans here in America that own and operate so many bars and restaurants that they will be celebrating like mad, and we can celebrate with them! A very happy America! Can you imagine we doing that with the French? Bummer! (And I have many French friends so I know them intimately, so I know what I am talking about.)

Ishbel said:
Football is an interest for every Italian male I've ever met :) I was sitting in a restaurant in Florence during either the last World Cup or the European cup.. We waited.... and waited.... and waited between courses. After being there for nearly 2 hours and only served the first course, I went looking for waiting staff... ALL of them were in the kitchen, watching the Azzuris.

Except Cristiano... he absolutely has no interest whatsoever in the sport, well, usually. I think he sort of pitied me as I was so bummed out at the beginning of the World Cup, he offered to watch some of the Italian matches with me. Well, he may not be willing to admit though he was just as excited as I was in that semifinal match!:LOL:

Snoop Puss said:
Hello Cara,
I reckon Germany are the overall winners as the best hosts ever.

thanks, snoop... but it's only a small comfort.... but we are proud of our boys!
third is not sooo bad... is it??

Hahahaaaa - Christiano is obviously the exception that proves the rule, Urmaniac!

Yes, this world cup has been great - mostly because of the wonderful organisation and low-key policing by the German officials.

Well done, Germany :)

Back
Top Bottom