FIFA WorldCup 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
Anybody over there watching it?
The first match started 6min ago and Germany's Phillip Lahm already scored..
24.gif

Who do you think will win the Cup?
Brasil again? Or Italy? Do you think Germany will have a chance in there own country? I hope so :angel:

This is going to be a big party here, in Hannover there are five matches, but I didn't even try to get tickets...
there are lost of places you can go to watch the games, but today I will stay at home.. Frank is still on the road, some traffic jams made it impossible to get home early enough

cara said:
Who do you think will win the Cup?
Brasil again? Or Italy? Do you think Germany will have a chance in there own country? I hope so :angel:

I surely hope Italy can finally get their act together, but I sincerely doubt it... they have so much individual talents but they never seem to function well together as a team...

Well, Germany came so close last time... if Mr. Kahn didn't break his finger during the final, who knows what happened in 2002? He was really awesome in the last world cup, he became one of my heroes!!:)

But honestly, I think Brazil still looks pretty mighty for another cup, even with grossly bloated Ronaldo!!

i'm gonna have to see the teams in the first round to see who i'd put money on.

have always had loyalties to the u.s. and ireland (but they stunk this one up, and aren't in it). don't think the u.s. will go far in their group.

next, ya gotta love mexico, brasil, and italy.

Yes England! We were happy with that today! We missed the first and only goal ******. :mad: We caught the game five minutes after it started and thats when England got a goal.

We watched the game with Sweeden vs Trinidad. Amazing since Sweeden is typically really good, and Trinidad is new to this sport. So a Zero score was great for Trinidad. I dont watch sports, but I wanted to watch it today for some strange reason :LOL: Gotta watch the U.S. game on Monday against the Chech Republic. We are underdogs I think, but you never know ey? Trinidad did well as the underdogs so who knows:)

what do you think about Argentina vs. Ivory coast?
The Coastmen seemed to be much better, but the luck was with the argentinians....

Yeah, I am happy for England (though their goal was rather lucky fluke)... I have a special place in my heart for the English squad, too. I would love to see one of my favourites Michael Owen starting to charge up his World Cup gear...

Though I can only follow the games on the internet, usually afterwards... not exactly the same I hope I will be able to watch a couple of matches before the whole thing is over... (Hey Cris, why don't you go out for dinners with somebody?? :ROFLMAO: )

We have a rather large contengent of Mexicans livingin our apartment complex and they do love to party on the weekends, but last night there was a HUGE party going on right behind my window. Normally their parties are not that loud (I never hear them) but this one was raukus. I didn't realize why until I woke up this morning, flipped on the TV and saw the Mexicio/Iran replay LOL!

~ Raven ~

Scotland's 'Tartan Army' is backing Trinidad and Tobago :) The sports shops are full of their kits and many of the tartan army have gone to Germany wearing 'CUJimmy bunnets' with Rasta dreadlocks instead of the usual bright red hair..

Personally, I've always had a soft spot for the Netherlands - and, in the absence of Scotland, that's who I'm backing. (Even if they don't have much of a chance!)

Ishbel said:
Scotland's 'Tartan Army' is backing Trinidad and Tobago :) The sports shops are full of their kits and many of the tartan army have gone to Germany wearing 'CUJimmy bunnets' with Rasta dreadlocks instead of the usual bright red hair..

Personally, I've always had a soft spot for the Netherlands - and, in the absence of Scotland, that's who I'm backing. (Even if they don't have much of a chance!)

Do you happen to be a Rangers fan?? I am not sure now but a few years back the Gers looked almost like a semi Dutch team with Dick Advocaat at the helm...:rolleyes:

The Dutch squad is another one like our team Azzuri... plenty of individual talent with the serious lack of team spirit... I think they could use someone like Guus Hiddink to straighten them out...

Mr. Kennedy said:
England!!!!!!!!!!!

Crouch is going to score 4 tonight!

I wish !

I hope England win too, it's been a long time since 1966, but I think we ought to be watching out for the African nations.

urmaniac13 said:
Do you happen to be a Rangers fan?? I am not sure now but a few years back the Gers looked almost like a semi Dutch team with Dick Advocaat at the helm...:rolleyes:

quote]

Go and wash your mouth out.....:LOL: Azzif any Edinburgh person would be a Rangers fan.... And I am a Hibs fan, not a Jamboes!

Ishbel said:
urmaniac13 said:

quote]

Go and wash your mouth out.....:LOL: Azzif any Edinburgh person would be a Rangers fan.... And I am a Hibs fan, not a Jamboes!

Yikes that was not really a wise thing to do, guessing your football loyalty without knowing exactly where in Scotland you are from!! Well, even if I did that may not still be a very wise thing, considering the nastiness of the Rangers vs. Celtic...:wacko: I hope the things are a bit more peaceful between hibs and hearts!!

Sorry again Ishbel, I hope you won't start detesting me now with this statement, after that curling incident!!:ohmy:

Heheheeee - your nose is soooooo easy to tweak!!! :cool: :)

There is some sectarian 'difficulty' between Hibs and Hearts, but it is nowhere NEAR so nasty as Rangers/Celtic. a cousin of mine played for Rangers, and so did his son!

Ishbel said:

you don't mean that, do you??
17.gif

:cool:

Australia did some good last minutes against Japan... three goals in eight minutes, starting in 84. min... *well done*

tonight is the first match in Hannover, we will see what it brings... Italia vs. Ghana..
19.gif

haven't seen the first goal live, they just showed it a few minutes ago.. looked like a very strange situation..

cara said:
tonight is the first match in Hannover, we will see what it brings... Italia vs. Ghana..
19.gif

63.gif
63.gif
63.gif
... they really shouldn't have any problems... but they also had some embarassing muck-ups during the qualfying rounds so you never know...

Wow, the team Italy is so close to you Cara!! Say ciao to our ragazzi, won't you!!?
4.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom