Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
YAY! The season is pretty much over! After a long season and minimal crew, we ended the year as the 9th most visited public course in Central Ohio (that's huge). I'm not one to pat myself on the back but it's a good way to go out. :cool: The next week and a half involves closing the course and blowing out the irrigation system. After that, I'm going to forget everything involving golf and convince one of my buddies that we need to make a turducken. That's the goal, anyway! :mrgreen: In the meantime, the boat project has been on hiatus because my buddy remembered that he has a brand new 302 Ford Crate racing engine lying around. The plan is to mount the engine midships at the center of buoyancy and run the shaft through the hull, much like a ski boat. It can be done but I'm a bit leery of putting a 345 HP engine in a boat that was designed to carry a 60 HP outboard. I have a feeling that the project is going to look like an episode of "Monster Garage." :rolleyes: Anywho, it will be good to be back! I'm whupped and glad that the season is nearly over!

It is a Tim Allen project. In short, the fiberglass/wood hull was built in '59, back when they made boat hulls rock hard. She has an Evinrude SportFour outboard but the temptation of the racing engine took over and now she's an overpowered ski boat. :rolleyes: I know, it sounds ridiculous but I grew up around boats and the project is very feasible. I'm in charge of safety, so I get the final say. Trust me, I'll be taking plenty of pics during the project!

Last edited:
Damp, it's so good to have you back--I've missed you! Glad you had such a good season. It sounds like you did a ton of hard work and have earned a well-deserved break!:)

DC, it is good to see you around. Sounds like you have been busy. All the golf courses around here are still open. At least for a little while, depending on the weather. Your potato soup sound yummy. I love potato soup.

Back
Top Bottom