"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
I don't mind FB, not obsessed. I find it amusing that some of the rels and friends find the need to post every teeny, mundane and boring detail of their lives. I had to unfriend a cousin who was constantly posting his gaming status and need for points, etc. He still lives at home with his parents. Surprise.

I did like reconnecting with HS friends.

She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #12
Master Chef
I don't understand it!

Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #13
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I don't do Facebook, I got tired of fending off all the friend requests from people who had no kindness for me in school. And my family, would only send me requests to play the stupid games. Frustrating.
I hear ya Fi this describes all but 5 people that I went to school with. Needless to say, some things are neither forgotton nor forgiven. Nobody can tell ME that I can't hold a grudge.
Just because someone tells you that you can't do something doesn't mean you have to listen.
PolishedTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #14
I'm on FB and love it. My family is scattered from Africa to the far corners of Canada and everywhere in between. Its a lovely way to keep up with everyone, and as Tattrat says, it can be as private as you wish. Mine is set up so that only folks who know my email addy can request to be my friend. I THINK if we have a friend in common I might show up that way too, but lordy, I don't accept requests from people I don't keep in touch with anyway. If we lost touch after high school, there was likely a reason for that!

I do enjoy seeing my DC buddies on there. I have a few that are no longer active members here and I like to see what they're doing. Funny how you form some bonds via the internet, and really get to know people online. I'd miss those folks, and am glad to have contact with them. Tattrat, I'll have to look you up! Love all your photos, so I suspect your FB page is rife with good stuff.

DC has its own FB page, and we need more folks to post stuff there too. Here's a link if you want to get on there.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote