"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
Head Chef

How good it is that you're preserving the skills of making clothing, and that these days "hand-made" is valued -- instead of the days when being home-made was not a good thing. "Store-bought" was the ideal.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yay!!!! I hope they appreciate the work you have done on them...later when they are able to appreciate such things.

Happy Easter, Babe!
way to go, Babe! Fiona, it doesn't matter if they don't appreciate them now. These are the kinds of things that go into the "memory bank" and come out fondly years later.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Congratulations! What a treasure those girls will have and to be unique as well. That's priceless. Happy Easter to you, too.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #14
Master Chef

Those little girls will look adorable Babe! I hope their mother saves those dresses for them. How we all would love to have a memory like this from our Great Grandmothers.
The last thing I made was a Christening gown and bonnet for my Grand Daughter. That was 16 yrs ago. It took me months to make it, and it's safely packed away for babies she may have someday.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
way to go, Babe! Fiona, it doesn't matter if they don't appreciate them now. These are the kinds of things that go into the "memory bank" and come out fondly years later.
That is what I meant, when they are older and able to appreciate. I think they are too young right now to even understand what babe has done for them.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Way to go, Babe! Do you have a link to the pattern for us to look at?
you can go to simplicitypatterns.com. the number is 3511. the blue flowered one i made in same color blue only has polka dots. the white on mine is not open weave but a solid flower print. they really are adorable. i purchased white flowers and pinned one on each bottom of blue section. flowers have tiny pearls as the center. pinned so could be removed for washing. wish i knew how to post a picture. thanks for all the kind praise.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #17
Senior Cook

I remember way back in middle school on through HS, there was this girl, I even remember her name, that was ALWAYS the MOST "stylish" girl around. I mean literally, her outfits were "to-die-for" gorgeous. Her mom made them ALL. Oddly enough, while everyone was jealous as hell, green w/envy over her outfits, she felt like she was missing out on somethiing fantastic by means of goiing to a store & shopping off the clothes racks like her peers did. I sometimes wonder if she ever realized how lucky she was...

While I ramble on - :) - CONGRATULATIONS to you for making your young loves something beautiful & priceless to wear on such a memorable holiday! I hope that gobs of pics get taken of them on that special day!! They are lucky gals!!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:48 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Cute pattern, Babe. Thanks. It does help to see it. I don't have a camera (yet) either.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

this a.m. i made some head bands to go with. hot glued flowers on a pastel head band. granddaughter will have them wear in lieu of hats. also put together their easter baskets. eatable grass (crazy isn't it ) more little toys than candy. bubbles, a little mermaid watch for the oldest one. and a bunny sippy cup for the youngest. some jelly beans and peeps are the only candy. i love doing all this stuff.