Finished Finished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i put the last detail on my sewing project today. the easter dresses for my two great granddaughters turned out very nicely.

i know most could care less, but i am proud.

not more sewing for awhile though.

happy easter to all. ;)

i put the last detail on my sewing project today. the easter dresses for my two great granddaughters turned out very nicely.

i know most could care less, but i am proud.

not more sewing for awhile though.

happy easter to all. ;)

Yay!!!! I hope they appreciate the work you have done on them...later when they are able to appreciate such things.

Happy Easter, Babe!:)

Good for you Babe! Doesn't it feel good to complete such a special project? I didn't make my granddaughter an Easter dress this year, I envy your accomplishment, lucky great granddaughters!

Well done Babe, I will let only you into my secret, before my right hand became a problem I could knit quite well.

Good job!!! I think it is great that you sew for them. I think hand made things are so much nicer and much better gifts than mass-produced stuff.

Good for you babe!! I am proud of you and your lucky family.

I have been a seamstress since jr. high school, won't say what decade that was, but I have taking up quilting, or rather piecing, off and on for the last 35 years. I just ended a 10 year drought on creative sewing projects and last week finished a pieced baby quilt for my nephew. Many times over the last 10 years I have tried to sit down and get back into quilting, but it just would not happen. Until last month. It feels pretty good to be able to occupy my time with sewing.

How good it is that you're preserving the skills of making clothing, and that these days "hand-made" is valued -- instead of the days when being home-made was not a good thing. "Store-bought" was the ideal. :ermm:

Yay!!!! I hope they appreciate the work you have done on them...later when they are able to appreciate such things.

Happy Easter, Babe!:)

way to go, Babe! Fiona, it doesn't matter if they don't appreciate them now. These are the kinds of things that go into the "memory bank" and come out fondly years later. :)

Those little girls will look adorable Babe! I hope their mother saves those dresses for them. How we all would love to have a memory like this from our Great Grandmothers.
The last thing I made was a Christening gown and bonnet for my Grand Daughter. That was 16 yrs ago. It took me months to make it, and it's safely packed away for babies she may have someday.

way to go, Babe! Fiona, it doesn't matter if they don't appreciate them now. These are the kinds of things that go into the "memory bank" and come out fondly years later. :)

That is what I meant, when they are older and able to appreciate. I think they are too young right now to even understand what babe has done for them.

:clap:Way to go, Babe! Do you have a link to the pattern for us to look at?
you can go to simplicitypatterns.com. the number is 3511. the blue flowered one i made in same color blue only has polka dots. the white on mine is not open weave but a solid flower print. they really are adorable. i purchased white flowers and pinned one on each bottom of blue section. flowers have tiny pearls as the center. pinned so could be removed for washing. wish i knew how to post a picture. thanks for all the kind praise.:)

Last edited:
I remember way back in middle school on through HS, there was this girl, I even remember her name, that was ALWAYS the MOST "stylish" girl around. I mean literally, her outfits were "to-die-for" gorgeous. Her mom made them ALL. Oddly enough, while everyone was jealous as hell, green w/envy over her outfits, she felt like she was missing out on somethiing fantastic by means of goiing to a store & shopping off the clothes racks like her peers did. I sometimes wonder if she ever realized how lucky she was...

While I ramble on - :) - CONGRATULATIONS to you for making your young loves something beautiful & priceless to wear on such a memorable holiday! I hope that gobs of pics get taken of them on that special day!! They are lucky gals!!

Cute pattern, Babe. Thanks. It does help to see it. I don't have a camera (yet) either.

this a.m. i made some head bands to go with. hot glued flowers on a pastel head band. granddaughter will have them wear in lieu of hats. also put together their easter baskets. eatable grass (crazy isn't it ) more little toys than candy. bubbles, a little mermaid watch for the oldest one. and a bunny sippy cup for the youngest. some jelly beans and peeps are the only candy. i love doing all this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom