First Anniversary of the London suicide bombs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
A year ago today, the bombs went off in the London tube and on a London bus. 52 people lost their lives, without countless others injured both physically and mentally.

There will be a 2 minute silence at 11.00 am. We shall not forget but we won't be cowed by terrorists either.

Thanks for the reminder Izzy, I read your post just in time. Actually it will be at the midday here though.

It gave me a chilling feeling as I have been to all those tube stations, especially I always stayed at a B&B very near Edgware Rd., so I was there like a daily basis. That particular stop is rather small, I suspect that probably the culprit planned on planting the bomb at Paddington but something didn't work out so moved one station down. I am sure the things could have been much worse if it went off at Paddington, another major hub like Kings Cross.

It is so sad that violence never seems to cease in this world. Do they ever stop and reflect just what they are trying to achieve by commiting such horrible things?

My daughter was travelling on the tube system and was just leaving one of the tube stations when the bomb went off. It took me until lunchtime to track her down - her mobile was unobtainable due to the closedown of the system(s), her home phone was obviously just ringing out because she was travelling to work.... I was frantic.

I certainly won't forget.

A dear friend's nephew-in-law lost an arm in the Madrid bombings...

OMG, you must have been so frightened... I am glad that she was okay after all. An amigo of mine is also a commuter in Madrid, and fortunately escaped the disaster by a few minutes that morning.

I've been reading the testimony posted over the last few days on the BBC web site. It's remarkable how resilient people are, how they are able not to hate. I'm not sure I would be able to do that. It's very humbling. And extremely sad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom