First it was men on the moon.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a cat lover friend who has had something like that for years, and it works. I wish I hadn't seen the cat walking all over the cabinets and stove in the video. :sick::yuk:

Years ago I was moving and had to spend a night in a hotel with my 11 year old kitty before we moved in to our new place. I had showered and dressed in the morning and was going to take her outside to do her thing, and found her peeing down the drain in the shower. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Years ago I was moving and had to spend a night in a hotel with my 11 year old kitty before we moved in to our new place. I had showered and dressed in the morning and was going to take her outside to do her thing, and found her peeing down the drain in the shower. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Now that was one smart cat Cheryl !!!:)

It was considerate of her, wasn't it? :LOL: Especially since I had to sneak her in the hotel in the first place. :huh: It was many years ago and I was young and desperate.

I have a friend in Canada who used one of those kitty loo things and it worked for her cat - I don't know where she ordered it from, or if she brought it up from the States.

I tried it with our 2 kittens. It fit under the seat so didn't have to worry about it getting knocked off. It had 4 rings that you cut out progressively as they learned to use the toilet. We were doing great until we got to the third ring. Then, the little female fell in (she's tiny, about 2/3 the size of her brother). After that, she'd do #1 in the toilet but #2 was always beside the toilet. Tried to go back and pretty much start from scratch with the extra tray insert I had bought with just the center ring cut out but she just wouldn't go for it. The male did great but as soon as I brought the litter box back for the female, he went back to using it too.

Wonder if it would work on a child's potty chair? :angel:
Well, that's a good thought but the inserts are sized for regular household toilets and, if I remember correctly, potty chairs are much smaller since they are sized for little bottoms. Perhaps something could be rigged up though. I'll have to think about it after we get moved and the kitties get settled in.

My ex-wife had a cat before we were married that used the toilet without any type of training. Just stood with feet on seat.
Cats are incredibly smart.
I think the cat got the idea by drinking from the bowl. Makes perfect sense.

Well, that's a good thought but the inserts are sized for regular household toilets and, if I remember correctly, potty chairs are much smaller since they are sized for little bottoms. Perhaps something could be rigged up though. I'll have to think about it after we get moved and the kitties get settled in.

Cut the legs off a wooden chair from Goodwill or curbside on trash day. Cut off the legs and a hole to fit the equipment. :angel:

Huh? Then how would be any different than an elevated cat box? The point is having a flushable toilet, right?

I have no idea, but it was just the start of a thought. Flushing sand down the toilet??? Wouldn't that clog the pipes a bit? :angel:

I have a cat lover friend who has had something like that for years, and it works. I wish I hadn't seen the cat walking all over the cabinets and stove in the video. :sick::yuk:

Any cat I have ever had, has never ever been allowed anywhere but on the floor and in their own bed. If it wasn't built for cats, then they don't belong there. Would you let your dog up there? :angel:

Any cat I have ever had, has never ever been allowed anywhere but on the floor and in their own bed. If it wasn't built for cats, then they don't belong there. Would you let your dog up there? :angel:

Unless you're home every minute or have a camera in your kitchen, you can bet a cat will do what he darn well chooses, including walking all over counters and stoves.

About allowing dogs up there, it reminds me of a story. We took in a stray dog many years ago who had most likely been used to eating anything available, including neighbors garbage cans. I served a nice roast beef to my family for dinner and we went upstairs to the family room to eat. When I came back down, the roast on the pull out bread board was missing and Sam the stray was licking his chops under the dining room table with a "who ME?" look on his face. He lived to be old and happy with us for the next 15 years. Loved that good ole boy!

I have no idea, but it was just the start of a thought. Flushing sand down the toilet??? Wouldn't that clog the pipes a bit? :angel:
I gather that "they" make flushable litter - presumably for people who live in flats/apartments to save extra treks to the garbage bins.

I wouldn't want to risk it with my drains though. There's a kink in the connection to the main sewer which gets blocked from time to time. Fortunately it's outside my boundary so I don't have to pay for the unblocking although the water company did try it on once and were told where to go!

I used the flushable stuff when Shreddy had radioactive poop after the I-131 treatment. It was recommended by the vet.

I read that it is either illegal or discouraged in California. They don't want the sea otters to get toxoplasmosis from infected cat poop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom