First of many

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Today, Aidan threw his shoe at Callum. It hit him right in the face.:mad: First of many, I suppose. Callum sure is gonna be good a defending himself! This, on top of a day that was already making me :wacko: at my wit's end. Ho hum, thanks for listening...

Corazon, sorry to hear of your :wacko: day. Put the boys to bed and pamper yourself. After they are in bed you will remember what a blessing they are. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Tomorrow is a new day! Thanks MM. We've actually made plans to go over to the neighbor's tonight. Aidan will be crazy but occupied by lots of people. Callum will probably be handed from person to person until he declares he's had enough or he's hungry or sleepy. I'd love to pamper myself but dh is working. Even if he was home, I still wouldn't be able to. Did you know there is a tornado warning for only the inside of my house? And in Washington of all places. :D uh-oh, I'm supposed to be next door. See you later, about 11pm probably.

Cora, you're right this is the first of many:LOL: I know it's not funny and you're probably at your wits end, but luckly Callum is okay. Aidan, has had you all to himself and now has to share and for a little guy that hurts. He doesn't quite understand and the older and more attention Callum needs the harder it gets. Poor Cade got into trouble today for snapping this stupid toy thing his auntie put in the easter baskets. They are soft rubber and stretch as long as a kids arms and longer and when you let go the stick to walls and windows. He had it in the car and pulled back and smack it got Carson on the hand as mommy was driving. She pulled over and took the toy, both kids bawled and we explained that the thing if it had hit Carson in the eye could have blinded him..Cade was already crying and this made it worse. Most of the time he is loving and kind, but I see a difference in my little 5 year old guy.He now will not stay overnight he just won't be seperated from mommy, Carson might move in to stay:LOL: Little Carson of course is all over me when I pick up Olivia to feed or change her..So the circle continues. Just know, your boys love each other and Aidan would wallop anyone who dared even look at little Callum crosseyed..They will have their share of kiddie fights, but they are brothers, they love each other and you and daddy and they know they are loved back even when chastised..Give them each a kiss take a deep breath and remember tomorrow is brand NEW..
hugs to all of you,
kadesma:)

awwww, poor little baby! my brother & i used to bicker plenty. we're buddies these days as we've gotten into our 20's. may have to wait it out for quite awhile, huh?. it sounds very frustrating. aidan may be a little upset 'bout sharing Mom & Dad with callum.

Last edited:
Thanks kadesma & luvs! I don't know if it was a sharing mom thing. I think he was just bored. We were in the car and he was sick of reading his books. We were almost home but he couldn't last. Sometimes, when he's bored or can't entertain himself he'll start picking on the dog. He climbs on her and she gets up to walk away but he'll pull her tail. We talked when we got home about how that made Callum sad & hurt and made mom angry. The rest of the night was good though. We went next door and had dinner & a bonfire, roasted marshmallows. dh called to wish us goodnight and Aidan told him what happened without dh even mentioning it. Then we came home and I put Callum down, read to Aidan & layed with him until he fell asleep. Then I drank a cup of tea & watched a movie. ahhh, now checkin in with scattered dc family.:)

Thanks for the support, I suppose I should have put this in the venting thread. oh well.

Back
Top Bottom