"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
Traveling Welcome Wagon

First Steps

It is terribly late, and I have to be up early, but I just had to share. I wish I had video or pictures to share, but I don't. Our youngest grandson, Thomas, took his first steps earlier today. He was on webcam, but he did it just out of camera range, darn it! I'm still proud of the little booger! I will have to have Nancy take some video of him soon, so you can all see how much he has grown. He will be a year old on June 24. That boy is nothing but one big happy grin!

Barbara
P.S. No, I still haven't met Thomas in person. I get to see him on webcam, but I can't wait to hug the stuffing out of him.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

my grandchildren are all grown up ( well most of them are) my great granddaughters are a constant joy. and another on the way. they grow so fast
so enjoy while we can.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Barbara, I'm so happy for you. It seems like yesterday that Nancy had Thomas. mine are all gettting so big.Olivia is 4 and she is the baby and Ethan is 6 Cade will be 10 soon Carson starts kindergarten in Sept. Time passes so fast. Be happy Grams . Praying you get to see and hug Thomas soon.
cj
Old 06-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Executive Chef

It seems they grow up especially fast when we don't see them for a while. Our Charlie is already 6. A year or so ago they all called and sang happy birthday for me. When they were finished, Charlie asked his dad "daddy, is it her last one"? Our son said "we hope not". They always seem to say something funny.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Oh my gosh licia, that is too cute!

Yes, they grow so fast. I saw Hannah, who will be 9 this month, on the webcam, and she looked grown! Andrew is in his last preteen year. Amazing! Horrible! Wonderful! Scary! Wow, what a blessing they are!

Barbara
Old 06-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
Executive Chef

and, they do all that growing up while we are STILL so young .
Old 06-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Head Chef

Barbara, I have three grandsons ages 5, 2, and my ltttliest will be 1 on June 26th... They live in Colorado so I don't get to see them as often as I like... I was able to fly there last year when Gayge was born, and they will be coming here for 3 weeks in July (can't wait!!!) I, like you, skype my grandbabies 2-3 times a week so they don't forget what their Mimi looks like... I just love modern technology...
Old 06-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #8
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
and, they do all that growing up while we are STILL so young .
I know, it's eerie! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
Barbara, I have three grandsons ages 5, 2, and my ltttliest will be 1 on June 26th... They live in Colorado so I don't get to see them as often as I like... I was able to fly there last year when Gayge was born, and they will be coming here for 3 weeks in July (can't wait!!!) I, like you, skype my grandbabies 2-3 times a week so they don't forget what their Mimi looks like... I just love modern technology...
I do too! If I can't see the real thing, at least I can see them online.

Barbara
Old 06-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
Head Chef

I hope you get to see them soon Barbara... Grandchildren are a gift from above and (YOU CAN GIVE THEM BACK ) I love my little punkin noodle, age 5, baby boo,age 2, and my doodlebug, age almost 1... They make my heart sing... Hope you can see yours soon...XOXO Mimi
Old 06-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #10
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks Mimi! I hope so too. My avatar picture is our granddaughter Hannah. She is older now but looks much the same. I need to get after Nancy to send new pictures.

Barbara