First World Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
When you need to re-wash your dishes by hand because your dishwasher left a powdery film all over everything. Such a drag!

We do have a dishwasher but since it's only the 2 of us, it only runs about once or twice a week. I cook all our meals, but there are some pots/pans and tools that never go into the dishwasher. Those are washed by hand.

We also don't have a garbage disposal. Well, that's not entirely true...we have Harley and Sparky who are quite adept at disposing of most of what we put in their path.

We do have a dishwasher but since it's only the 2 of us, it only runs about once or twice a week. I cook all our meals, but there are some pots/pans and tools that never go into the dishwasher. Those are washed by hand.

We also don't have a garbage disposal. Well, that's not entirely true...we have Harley and Sparky who are quite adept at disposing of most of what we put in their path.
My knives, sauce pans and skillets, and of course all that plastic stuff one accumulates all get washed by hand. And if Mark puts them in the dishwasher, he gets his butt handed to him!

Besides faulty dishwashers, what are some of your “first world problems?”

It seems every time I complain about something it's a "first world problem".
Actually I really like that term as it brings all of us spoiled people back to the reality of how fortunate we really are.
The truth is, we all won the lottery by being born in a first world country. :flowers:

It seems every time I complain about something it's a "first world problem".
Actually I really like that term as it brings all of us spoiled people back to the reality of how fortunate we really are.
The truth is, we all won the lottery by being born in a first world country. :flowers:

Unfortunately, I think it's gone past being a reminder and become a joke. People don't take that phrase seriously.

Friends, I’m well aware of how privileged we are. I didn’t post this thread as a moral lesson, though. I thought it might be just a fun thing to pass the time. “OMG, poor me! Millions around the world are starving to death, homeless, country-less, no where to go, facing diseases with no medical care. But damn it, my dishwasher is crappy!” I can’t control what you post, nor do I want to. But I was hoping this would be just a fun pastime if you’ve got the time on your hands. If anything, I was hoping we could laugh a little at our own silly problems, because they’re silly in the grand scheme of things.

I’m a news junkie. I watch it way too much. Most of my Twitter TL is is news (or food). Sometimes, I need to separate myself from the chaos that this world has become, and the horrors that millions are suffering, and the hopelessness that pervades the current world situation. I need to separate myself, just for a bit, from my own situation, which is worse than its ever been in my life. I started this thread with that in mind.

With that in mind, here’s one more of my First World problems: my living room clock is two minutes slow and I don’t remember how to reset it!

Friends, I’m well aware of how privileged we are. I didn’t post this thread as a moral lesson, though. I thought it might be just a fun thing to pass the time. “OMG, poor me! Millions around the world are starving to death, homeless, country-less, no where to go, facing diseases with no medical care. But damn it, my dishwasher is crappy!” I can’t control what you post, nor do I want to. But I was hoping this would be just a fun pastime if you’ve got the time on your hands. If anything, I was hoping we could laugh a little at our own silly problems, because they’re silly in the grand scheme of things.

I’m a news junkie. I watch it way too much. Most of my Twitter TL is is news (or food). Sometimes, I need to separate myself from the chaos that this world has become, and the horrors that millions are suffering, and the hopelessness that pervades the current world situation. I need to separate myself, just for a bit, from my own situation, which is worse than its ever been in my life. I started this thread with that in mind.

With that in mind, here’s one more of my First World problems: my living room clock is two minutes slow and I don’t remember how to reset it!

Hmm, sorry my second post didn't conform with what you had in mind.:blink::ermm:
No mention of my first suggestion of how to solve your dirty dishes either.

Joel, I don't think anyone took this thread as a 'moral lesson'. The title was "First World Problems", which included dishwashers. Of course members are going to respond to both and voice what first comes to mind. :)

First world problem...online friends getting together on a message board and, well, chatting....even if it doesn't exactly jive with what the OP had in mind. Those threads are often the most fun. :LOL:

Another one...my land line phone rang today and was off it's cradle on the end table next to me. I reached for 3 remotes on the table before I picked up the right one. :wacko:

And yes, +1 to Kay's suggestion of Lemi Shine for dishwashers! That stuff is awesome and dishes and glassware do get sparkling clean.

Last edited:
Joel, I found out about this product right here many years ago and we wouldn't be without it. Nothing else worked with our terrible hard water and this stuff is worth it's weight in gold.
Everything comes out sparkle clean and I'm not exaggerating.
https://www.lemishine.com/products/detergent_booster/
I’ve never encountered this product. Probably because I’ve never heard of it, so I never thought to look for it! I will look for some on my next grocery store safari. Thanks for the tip!

That’s one reason why I love this forum. I learn!

Hmm, sorry my second post didn't conform with what you had in mind.:blink::ermm:
My apologies for not responding to your suggestion sooner. I did read your post, but didn’t look at the link until now. Thanks again!

Oh dear, I never meant to coerce people into “conforming,” So sorry if I came across that way. Carry on dear friends, and take this thread wherever you’d like!

Joel, I don't think anyone took this thread as a 'moral lesson'. The title was "First World Problems", which included dishwashers. Of course members are going to respond to both and voice what first comes to mind. :)

First world problem...online friends getting together on a message board and, well, chatting....even if it doesn't exactly jive with what the OP had in mind. Those threads are often the most fun. :LOL:

Another one...my land line phone rang today and was off it's cradle on the end table next to me. I reached for 3 remotes on the table before I picked up the right one. :wacko:

And yes, +1 to Kay's suggestion of Lemi Shine for dishwashers! That stuff is awesome and dishes and glassware do get sparkling clean.
Big lmao for your phone and remotes (how many times have I done that?).

While I'm in no way offended, I think asking people to categorize their minor woes in a certain way is a bad idea.

At best it's bragging.

Do you know how long it took Casey to text Psycho-poodle that he didn't go to NJ to get some Taylor Ham today?

Welp, after reading through this thread, I'm pretty much thinking that our "First World Problems" are nothing more than another name for Petty Vents.

...I’m a news junkie. I watch it way too much. Most of my Twitter TL is is news (or food). Sometimes, I need to separate myself from the chaos that this world has become, and the horrors that millions are suffering, and the hopelessness that pervades the current world situation. I need to separate myself, just for a bit, from my own situation, which is worse than its ever been in my life...
Maybe you've got a bad case of electronic social media overload. News feeds on sites such as Facebook or Twitter seem to emphasize the topics that upset, excite, or cause arguments. I suggest you unplug, put the tablet/laptop/phone down, and read a real, paper-paged, bound book. Mystery, humor, classic, science, food - doesn't matter. Just take a break from the internet. Your nerves will thank you.

Maybe you'll find something in this thread that sounds interesting to you: Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

While I'm in no way offended, I think asking people to categorize their minor woes in a certain way is a bad idea.

At best it's bragging.

Do you know how long it took Casey to text Psycho-poodle that he didn't go to NJ to get some Taylor Ham today?

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom