"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 AM   #11
Assistant Cook
i hear it is high in omega 3 and it is really good for you so i sprinkle a spoonful on my oatmeal every morning

prada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:02 AM   #12
It's quite tasty too. I often eat a commercially available kind of bread here that contains (among a lot of other bird food) broken lineseed and line oil (next time I buy it, I'll check the full ingredients list). Absolutely delicioius.
And you can even run cars on the oil and make luxury clothes from the stems.

Tonight let us eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #13
Senior Cook
Thanks guys I really appreciate the help. I purchased the seeds, grind in a coffee grinder and so far they are pretty good . I really like the price $1.20 pound at the United, a pound is really a lot of Flax seed.

Run_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #14
Contest Winner

I have went from taking Fish Oil Soft gels ( Yucky Belchs) to Flax Seed Oil Pills, it not only has Omega 3 it also has Omega 6, and 9.
It is good for Transition from menopause, promoting skin health, blood pressure, and immune function. I just got my tests back for my blood cholesterol levels and it went from 226 to 105 . I might mention I also take Garlic and a low dose asprin a day.
I take soft gels twice a day of both Flax Seed oil and Garlic.
Note I am not a Doctor, But I will say I have tried other things and this was my way, Also High Cholesterol and High Triglycerides run in my family so the Doctor told me she was impressed with my results. Please check with your Doctor first however before starting anything new.
If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
this is interesting. All I ever used linseed oil for was to protect old wooden furniture. Gotta be a different blend for that kind of use.

Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote