"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CookinBlondie Send a message via MSN to CookinBlondie Send a message via Yahoo to CookinBlondie
*cries* That's okay guys. I just thought it would be fun to get some from all over. I mean, Wasabi is from HAWAII! My friends would DIE if they got a pair of flip flops from Hawaii.

In the letter, it said, "This is not another chain letter, just something fun to do during the summer." I guess I'm too young or something, because I didn't get that really. So, can anyone explain to me the difference in this and a chain letter. What exactly IS a chain letter. This may sound like a pointless question, but I'm a blonde, and ya gotta be more specific. LoL

SOCK exchange? PANTY EXCHANGE!!! That is just plain........weird. The sock one might not be too bad, ya know, ya got toe socks, tassle socks, short socks, the works, but PANTIES! I wouldn't do the panty one for sure, or even try to keep it going. That's just.....weird.

Well, *sniffles* if you guys don't want to help me *sobs* I guess *weeps* I can try *wimpers* somewhere else. *CRIES UNCONTROLABLY!!!!!!*

LoL, j/k. Hope you all have a fun summer, with or...........WITHOUT flip flops. LoL. But, remember, the offer still stands.

-Lauren-

Old 06-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #12
Master Chef

That would be cool to get them from all over the world like that. Just to see the different styles that all the countries have.
A chain letter is basically the same, except it'll state impending doom if you don't send it on to all you know.
Pretty much like the emails that say, you will have bad luck if you don't forward this to 10 people in the next 10 minutes.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:55 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CookinBlondie Send a message via MSN to CookinBlondie Send a message via Yahoo to CookinBlondie
Oh, well, this is nothing like that. If you can't send it on, you just tell the person who sent it to you. No big deal.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:02 PM   #14
Executive Chef

SHOES! Did someone say shoes. Shoes, Yes. Underwear NO! Only women can understand - shoes - we want shoes. Lots n lots of shoes.

Very tempting. I'll have to think on it. A woman can never have enough shoes. Did I mention, women love shoes.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:04 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

yes, but mish, you have to send a pair to someone else, lol. it's not a scam to collect shoes!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:11 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Then count me out. Can't part with my shoes. It's a woman-thing, BT. You have power tools. We collect/buy shoes. Don't know how many fans there are of the tv show *** and the city...but watch jessica parker looking in a shoestore window & saying "Hello Lover." Love that show.

It's in the genes. That's all I can say. Ya gotta be a woman to understand.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #17
Master Chef

Mish, what it is, you send a letter {Blondie will have the draft for it} to 6 people that you know with Blondies name on it as the 1. name and yours as the 2. name. Everyone that you send it to, buys a pair of flip flops {price isn't a big deal} and sends them to Blondie. Then, the 6 people that you send it to will take off 1. Blondie, replace it with your name and add their name to the 2. spot and send it to 6 of their friends. Each of those people {somewhere it turns into 36}They send the flip flops to you.. and so on and so on. Did I explain it ok, or did I confuse you more? Kind of like a pyramid.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:26 PM   #18
Senior Cook

You don't have to give up your own shoes, you just buy a pair, or even make some, and send em off. It's really fun guys, so don't worry about it!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
sorry but i'm flat broke
Old 06-30-2005, 06:13 PM   #20
Senior Cook

That's okay, and I don't mind if anyone does it or not, I just thought I would incorporate you guys. You are like a second family!

-Lauren-