Flooding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
We're in the midst of a pretty nasty flood. Luckily, I don't think our home will be hit as we're far enough away from the creek and river. The Cedar River is expected to crest at 22 feet on Thursday. The flood stage is 12 feet and it is currently at 18.29 feet.

I'm in Marion, Iowa, a suburb of Cedar Rapids. My parents live about 75 miles north in Waverly where the Cedar River already crested. They watched the water come about 20 feet from their property. They got very lucky. The church I was married in is flooded...here is a picture.

My church is the larger one on the left. The Peace United church, on the right, is right next door and obviously is under as well. The water you see is actually a park and 1st Street. The river is behind the photographer.

PHOTO_1339520_28825_2676446_main.jpg

I remember, many years back before Mom and Dad moved to Amana and they lived in Jesup, we tried to go to Independence to do some shopping and they had flooded real bad there much like in you picture.
My aunt lives in Marion but she is on a hill so I am sure she is fine, don't know about Mom she is in Southeast Cedar Rapids and she did mention she had a creek out back, will have to call her and see.

Back
Top Bottom