Flowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liketobake

Senior Cook
What is your favourite kind of flower?

Mine is the rose without question. However I am also very fond of lilys

:lucky:

Freesia and roses. I have a large collection of roses of all types in my garden. At least 60 different varieties from rugosas to tea roses to old fashioned English and Bourbon roses.

Here you go, liketobake.

They are evergreen shrubs and small trees growing to 1-15 m tall. The leaves are opposite or in whorls of three or four, 5-50 cm long and 3-25 cm broad, dark green and glossy with a leathery texture. The flowers are solitary or in small clusters, white or pale yellow, with a tubular-based corolla with 5-12 lobes ('petals') from 5-12 cm diameter. Flowering is from about mid-spring to mid-summer and many species are strongly scented.

Ohh....now if we are talking scent, it's a toss up between roses and lilacs!

Thanks Wasabi, looks like a beautiful flower, probably smells beautiful too!

:)

Native to my area and flowers that I love are poppies, Jackob's ladder, peonies, daylily's (which can be boring unless you have many different colors), shrub roses (rosa rubrafolium is one I love), lilac, lily of the valley, bee balm, cone flower, coreopsis, silver mound, iris, and many more.

Oh wait you said favorite flower:LOL: That would have to be the beautifully fragrant flower of the Linden tree which blooms in June here in Maine. The flower is not elegant, white/off white star shaped blooms, but the frangrance is so intoxicating. I would compare it's strong scent to a gardenia, though they dont smell the same, it's just a powerful, and unique scent.

I like the flowers that pop out on my pepper plants before I finally get to see a pepper:cool: :rolleyes: :) :chef:

I love all kinds of flowers, but I'd have to say daffodils are my favorite. They are so hardy and cheery, and when they bloom, you know that spring is here. They also multilply easily, and last forever. I probably have 1000 of them all over the property, and intend to dig and divide some more this fall.

Orchids-all kinds. Got to see them at the National Botanical Gardens-flowers from all over the world-some orchids are even endangered.:ohmy:

I absolutely adore just about all flowers but my favorite is the Carnation for looks and scent. Sweet Williams are a pretty close second since they are very similar in shape and have the lovely tint around the edges. I also love Gardenias for scent which were always my mother's favorite and never understood why until I grew up lol. They just didn't seem thrilling as a kid. For looks, I also love the Dahlia and Lotus Blossom. But really, any and all flowers will please me just fine:)

That would be my wife. She is my favorite Flower (my last name is Flowers:LOL: )

But if you are talking the plant kind of flower, it would have to be a toss-up between a wild Iris, or something in the Crocus family.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Calla Lillies, Gardenias, Hydrangeas, lilacs, white roses. Can't just pick one.

Back
Top Bottom