"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 08-22-2005, 04:01 PM   #11
Head Chef
Gosh thats expensive. Our Staffy flew to Darwin as part of our baggage and because we didn't go over the weight limit we didn't pay anything!

There is no such thing as a little garlic.
mrsmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:09 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

Your best bet is to call the airline you plan to fly. Rules seem to be changing every day. Make sure you get the info from the source.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:38 PM   #13
Master Chef
We paid $50 per airport stop (in other words, $50 from Hawaii to Colorado, another $50 from Colorado to O'Hare, and another $50 from O'Hare to National. AND she counted as a peice of luggage (in other words, we'd have been allowed two suitcases each, four total, and only got to have three. Believe me, when you're PCS-ing and going to have to live out of those suitcases for heaven knows how much time, you're feeling the sacrifice). I still say I'm waiting for the day I can sit down, lay down, stand up, and turn around in MY airlines seat. She's 15, so this was about 13 or 14 years ago (she was about a year old). And yes, that very active breed. Even now in her old age, I cannot imagine her sitting calmly under the seat next to my feet. Every animal is different. And seriously, DO check with your airlines. Not matter what you've read, no matter what anyone has told you, check personally over the phone first. They first booked us into a plane that didn't have a pressurized cargo area. Which means she'd have been sitting around in a cargo area somewhere until the next flight, then at our destination we'd have been wondering where in the hades she was.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote