FN's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
This is one of my favorite shows and really enjoy watching it. Not because of Guy, not because it is on FN, but because at these places he visits, they give me ideas and inspiration in home cooking. You don't see shi shi fru fru style cooking, but it is folks making recipes that I could see myself doing. Anyone else enjoy the food/recipes that are presented on this show?

Had a blast watching tonight. Couldn't believe the lady who made the beautiful coconut pies, etc. in a kitchen that looked a bit like an overgrown home kitchen. Did you get a look at her stoves? She deserves a medal.

OH Katie!!!! I was drooling over those pies myself!!!! I did not notice the stove, but I can only imagine it was not much more than what I have in my kitchen. I get sooooo many ideas off of the wonderful people they showcase. Oh.. and those falafels (sp?), now I want to try one!!! I'm not a big Guy fan, but I do like the 'topic' it covers. I guess if you asked me what type of cook I am, I would have to say that I am a diner, drive-in, and dive cook!

Love that show ... some of the food they highlight is really special for "diners" and I'd love to fall into one of those dives on my travels. If you've ever worked in a roadside dinner or family restaurant, this really is nostalgic. I think Guy is the perfect personality for this show. I tend to enjoy him more hosting versus cooking, and like this show better than the newer ultimate recipe showdown they've been playing lately.

I have to admit that this seems to be 'fitting' for Guy, or he has found his niche. I never can get enough of the food on this show. I'm amazed at what everyday type folks have to offer in cullinary experience. AM... I need to find a way to track all these places so if and when I am ever in the area, I can make sure to stop in!

Wife and I went from NC to WY and back.. ROAD TRIP!
One rule was no eating in chain or "national restaurants"... diners,
drive-ins and dives there and back.
Never did we have a bad meal. Little towns in Kansas have some good
cooks, too!

Love that show!

This is one of my favorite shows and really enjoy watching it. Not because of Guy, not because it is on FN, but because at these places he visits, they give me ideas and inspiration in home cooking. You don't see shi shi fru fru style cooking, but it is folks making recipes that I could see myself doing. Anyone else enjoy the food/recipes that are presented on this show?

I agree, it's one of my favorite shows. Everything looks so good.:rolleyes:

i like the show; one of the few shows that i still watch on foodtv.

guy fieri is a good host. he's able to pull off the "everything's good" routine, the same as rr, but it's not so over the top. and it's not annoying to watch him eat. you know, the kind of people who eat like cows, or drool, or just make eating look unappetizing. guy's able to stuff his face and make it look as good as he says. :pig:

the only things that bug me are that he seems not to know much about italian foods (with a name like fieri? ), and if you're gonna dye your hair, wear jewelry and go to tanning booths, you need to lift. he's got ladie's arms.:cool:

overall, it's a good show. plus, they've done 3 places in jersey that i've been to, and he was dead on about their food.

You like good pies..

If you are traveling on I-70 about 30 miles east of St. Louis is a place that has foot high cream pies. The merang on top really is that tall. It is also the lightest tasting I have ever had!!!

I think it's called the Silver Springs diner.

You don't see shi shi fru fru style cooking,

Hmmmm......haven't heard of that particular style. Maybe a chapter in one of my books describes it. :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

But I totally agree with everything else. Some of those diners have some real talent.:chef:

When does this show come on. I love FN, but with the kids its hard to keep track of the show schedules

FN junkie too...

:chef:Have you tried the "inside-out" Bacon Cheeseburger? Fun and delicious-easy too

Last edited:
MrsBrandi -

March 17, 2008 10:30 PM ET/PT
March 18, 2008 1:30 AM ET/PT
March 28, 2008 9:30 PM ET/PT
March 29, 2008 12:30 AM ET/PT
March 31, 2008 1:30 PM ET/PT
April 11, 2008 12:30 PM ET/PT
spacer.gif

corner_ll.gif
spacer.gif

Hmmmm......haven't heard of that particular style. Maybe a chapter in one of my books describes it. :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

But I totally agree with everything else. Some of those diners have some real talent.:chef:

alright Jeeks, I guess what I am trying to say that it is not Iron Chef cusine. That is what I LOVE about it!!!! I agree, lots of talent and boy does my mounth water!

Barb L... one show I was watching a week or two ago had them making a beef stroagnoff where they tood a chuck roast and sliced it into large steaks and browned it, and then put into a rather large cooking vessel with cream of mushroom soup, onion soup, and some other stuff and then they roast that for several hours and put over noodles...... OH MY I want to try that!

I love that show too and Guy just makes it even better. His personality is just fitting.

overall, it's a good show. plus, they've done 3 places in jersey that i've been to, and he was dead on about their food.

Which ones? I saw that one too and was all excited with Hackensack and Tomahawk Lake. I used to swim at Tomahawk every summer and I was born in Passaic which is right down the road from Hackensack.

But ya, love the show. The food looks sooooooo good. We don't have any kind of place like those. I may take a road trip if he goes to one in a few hours ride and it looks good. :w00t2:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom