FN's Down Home With The Neelys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Has anyone seen this show on the Food Network yet?

I think it's great! In line with Paula Deen's Southern cuisine on her show, I like this show as well! It seems to add more Southern hospitality and some more Soul Food cooking flair.

I think it's been a long while since the network had a cooking show hosted by Afro-Americans, and I think it's about time. the last one that I can remember was the one that was hosted by Christopher Atkins.

The Neelys specialize in making real down-home Southern BBQ in Tennesee! They own their own BBQ restaurant, have thier own website and do the cooking show which airs every Saturday at 11am. Repeats air on Sundays at 1pm.

Last edited:
yes I want to reach into the tv and grab the food off the counter.
I saw them on Paula's Party show one night.
They seems like a very nice family, would love to try their resturant

I love the Neelys!! They are fun to watch, and more importantly, their food is the kind of food that regular people eat!!

No Foie Gras (yucch) or ingredients that you have to buy off the internet.

I can personally vouch for their grilled pound-cake sundaes (delicious-turned my family into animals), their sweet-spicy coleslaw (Ok, so they did'nt exactly re-invent the wheel on that one, but it still tasted good!) and their BBQ sauce-which I seriously doubt was the recipe from their resteraunt, given the lengths most pitmen go to keep secret recipes secret-but everyone enjoyed anyway!!

As an avid FN fan, I feel over the past couple of years, they have kind of lost touch with the average cook. The Neelys style of show is what drew me to the FN in the first place!!!

Sorry, but I think it's the worst show FN is currently offering.

I really wanted to like it, but their banter is extremely annoying to me (and I can live without sexual innuendos on a cooking show, thanks) and their food is uninspired.

I don't think I'd even like Foie Gras! I've seen Emeril and others cook it.

I noticed that they like to use dry rub on their baby back ribs, and so do I! Yes, they ARE a loving sweet couple! I hope that their show stays on the air for a long, long, long time!

Theirs and other shows' recipes can be obtained on the FN's website.

Has anyone seen this show on the Food Network yet?

I think it's great! In line with Paula Deen's Southern cuisine on her show, I like this show as well! It seems to add more Southern hospitality and some more Soul Food cooking.

I think it's been a long while since the network had a cooking show hosted by Afro-Americans, and I think it's about time. the last one that I can remember was the one that was hosted by Christopher Atkins.

The Neelys specialize in making real down-home Southern BBQ in Tennesee! They own their own BBQ restaurant, have thier own website and do the cooking show which airs every Saturday at 11am. Repeats air on Sundays at 1pm.

Haven't caught the show yet, Corey.

I think you mean Curtis Akins, no? I really liked his show - real cooking for real people - great recipes. Haven't seen it in eons. Think his show was on UHF(?), sandwiched between several other good cooking shows, i.e. Biba Cooks Italian, Laurie Cooks Light & Lynn Fisher (sp?), Yan Can Cook. All great shows that should be brought back to the airwaves, IMO. Whatever happened to Curtis?

Love cooking shows, but turned off FN for awhile. It turned 'stale' for me - same old, same old. For the most part, this says it all, re my feelings.

beXnlog: Too Much TV

Will try to catch the show, as I really would welcome something new. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Yeah, THAT'S who it was! Got the first name wrong.

He's since made a few appearances on other Food Netwook shows. He used to do healthy cooking on his own show though.

Yeah, THAT'S who it was! Got the first name wrong.

He's since made a few appearances on other Food Netwook shows. He used to do healthy cooking on his own show though.

Yeah. Didn't think you meant this guy. (He cooked alot of fish.)

Yahoo! Image Search Results for Christopher Atkins=

:ermm::LOL: Hope your laughing.

Didn't see the veggie show, but on his daily show (different channel) he cooked EVERYTHING. Wish FN would sign him on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom