Fond memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
Anybody else have these kinds of memories from growing up?

Mine is after I got my drivers license, we lived 12 miles from town so finally freedom! Every Friday and Saturday night I would pick up my two friends (we called ourselves the three amigos) and head to Estherville to the skating rink.
Two songs that never failed to empty the seats and get everyone out on the floor: Unskinnybop and Cherry Pie.
Tried skating with the kids recently, limped for a week, LOL.

I met my ex husband in a roller rink , when I was in high school. Not exactly a fond memory lol since he is ex now.

I loved rollerskating...
then blading when they came out.
I'm afraid to put them on now, I'd probably hurt myself. Plus I think they needed a tune up 8 years ago.... in a closet since then.

I've only recently begun to have any fond memories....
Prior to that I never attempted to make gravy....
:wacko:

I loved rollerskating. During the fav songs the rink would get so crowded. I always wished I could skate backwards and do the fancy moves that some were so proud off. I thought they were showing off. Maybe, but I was so envious, that's for sure!

I could skate backwards, and go real low to race around the curves, but what I could never do was lift one leg up and play it like a guitar while skating on the other leg like some of the other kids could!

Never had a skate board or roller skates, but in the winter we went ice skating all the time. Those are fond memories.. those and playing in all the woods in my neighborhood in the summer, there was a stream and a waterfall. Good times.

Here's one for me....Riding on a Case Tractor with "Sugar Man" all day long when I was 7 years old...He was a life long friend, loved moonshine, and was the strongest man I ever knew...He could pick up a bale of cotten and walk with it... Laugh, and then say.."What do you think about that 'Baby Boy'??

making fudge with my Pap, my Dad keeping me awake till 2:30 listening to music till a livid Mum appeared, dinners together, Gram & Pap's, my crib, my charlie brown blanket...
sigh.

Saturday mornings with mom cleanning and the Oldies but Goodies playing on the record player and the windows open for fresh air.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom