Food Ad Tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny you should post that. I was just looking at Quizno's subs this morning after reading that they have applied for bankruptsy protection....
Then this actual photo showed up...
20080602235639_quiznos%20beef.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I already do all that sans pins and the cardboard. But I do give about a minute to cook on each side though, and my grill marks come naturally. With good lighting my burgers look as good and I eat them. ..LOL...

I'm like roadfix. I intend to eat my food after I photograph it so I don't use any of those tricks. Just good lighting.

Funny you should post that. I was just looking at Quizno's subs this morning after reading that they have applied for bankruptsy protection....

What was the explanation for this photo?

Sorry. I was making a point of how they create food for advertisements and then how the food really looks like when you get it. I was looking at some Quizno's menu items and came across this steak sub. I guess I was just just ranting against false advertisement in the fast food industry...

Sorry. I was making a point of how they create food for advertisements and then how the food really looks like when you get it. I was looking at some Quizno's menu items and came across this steak sub. I guess I was just just ranting against false advertisement in the fast food industry...

I thought it was something along those lines. I just had to ask.

I recently bought a sandwich at a local place, and it was supposed to have mayo on it.. nope. It appeared to look good, though.

Pizza places are really good for this with their ads.... whatever it takes to market their product.

I stopped going to Quizno's after I saw then reheat the steak for a sub by putting in in a plastic basket and then submerging the basket into what I believe was hot water for a few seconds, then pressing out the liquid and making the sub. ICK!!! Mind you this was for a toasted sub so the meat was going to get heated anyway.

Well, when magazines take pics of food, the fruits are often varnished, etc. I believe it is called "food styling." I like to eat the food I make without pins and don't resort to gluing sesame seeds on ...

But really, no difference with doing humans appearing in ads. Pins are used on them too.
Yeah, I agree. There are some people in ads/tv that are 20+ my age, and they look like they are only a few years older. That's why I enjoy watching "Two Fat Ladies." I'm going to be Jennifer Paterson someday really soon.

If I ate at Subway anymore, I would like to have a picture from their TV ad. I would present it to them and say, I want a sub exactly like this one, where you actually see the meat and all the NICE looking vegis!:rolleyes:

Craig

If I ate at Subway anymore, I would like to have a picture from their TV ad. I would present it to them and say, I want a sub exactly like this one, where you actually see the meat and all the NICE looking vegis!:rolleyes:

Craig

Craig, I actually did something like this in a Jack in the Box one time. I received my burger and the tomato was green! Not even ripe. I took the burger back to the counter and requested a red tomato like in the picture or my money back. Well, they gave me a red tomato. I realize that the pics on the menu are ideal images and our food will likely never look exactly like that, but I at least should have been given a ripe tomato. A little squeak and I got my tomato.

Craig

Subway ads are my pet peeve. I ate often in the Subway when I first arrived here. Tiny wedges of meat, they put mayo on at the end instead of on the bread, and when I complained, were surly and rude.

The huge pieces of meat piled high is NOT what you get. Not even close.

Okay, rant over. Thanks, I needed that.

Back
Top Bottom