"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #41
Master Chef

I know what it's like to have to scrimp and still feed your family healthy food. I did it for a good part of my married life. Anytime you want some tips, let me know.
It's just my husband and me here now, but we still spend over $100 a week, not including alcohol and cigarettes. I'm 59, he's 61, and we figure the kids need to make their own.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #42
Master Chef

I find it amazing what you can spend on grocheries just for 2 people!!! Simply amazing!

Old 03-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #43
Executive Chef

Food!

Spending the money on food does not make me feel guilty as I feel it is the best thing I can do for the family. I see lot of people buying Ramen Noodles. I really don't think there is any nutritional value in them. Some woman had her basket loaded with maybe 20 packages. some peope believe anything fast is best. I figure if something happens to my health it won't be because I didn't try to fix right things. Our only downfall is we like to have something sweet after the meal and frozen yogurt just don't do it. They all know my reason when I serve it. I do try to fix oatmeal cake or banana cake. Something that at least sounds healthy. Prune cake is another one.

Better go have to keep up with the flow of things around here. Enjoy reading all your comment s Lets me know I am not alone in this feeling about price of things.