Food Network, HGTV to Begin High-Definition Simulcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's good to know. I get HD Food TV and HGTV now but the channels are different (and fewer shows) than what is already on the normal schedule. I remember watching Food TV HD for the first time. I was lucky enough to glimpse (totally forgot what show it was because I was in awe of the picture (and I have a very short memory :blush:) a beautiful green olive oil being poured into this white bowl. It was beautiful!!!!!! :chef:

I think Comcast DOES air some of their shows in HD format, but I'm not sure which ones are.

Comcast's offerings vary widely by location. They just took over Insight here in Central Illinois and no Food Network or HGTV in high-def (not to mention they're raising rates already after a month :glare:).

as per the article, it's gonna take them a little while before they're broadcasting real hd, so it's no rush to get the new channels. their chelsea facility shoots in sd right now, but will be upgraded. re-built, really.

a few shows, especially shot with handheld and steady-cams like "throwdown with bobby flay" will initailly be the only ones broadcast in real hd. the rest will be upconverted from sd, which isn't all that great.

ok, being nice, i didn't make any jokes about "sucking in 1080p", or seeing the multiple rows of giada's teeth, or rr's laugh in 5.1 surround... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom