Food Network's Robert Irvine fired

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought he was funny at times.

Customer: "You have about 700 people to feed and you only have 8 hours to get the meals ready. Are you up to the challenge?"

Robert: "Yes, I can do it."

Customer: " Oh. These stoves aren't working. You can't use them and you'll have to find some other way to bake the chicken."

Robert: Wait a minute, no one told me that. How am I supposed to cook all this chicken without any ovens? This is insane!"

Last edited:
Here's a different story that says they may reconsider at the end of the production style.
Padded Resume Costs Chef TV Show - Food News Story - WGAL Lancaster

I think this is more of a personal vendetta by a Florida news paper. They are diligently attacking him at every turn. You have to wonder how much was just him talking and what was really on his resume submitted to the Food Network. But seriously, embellishing resumes is nothing new in the world today,.

I don't think the Florida paper ran more than one story. Irvine admitted that he lied and "embellished" his credentials. It was pretty stupid of him to claim he made Princess Diana's wedding cake and that he was himself Knighted by Queen Elizabeth.

If this is true, then that, in my book, is slanderous and scandalous proaganda. It is also grounds for a lawsuit!

They shouldn't post that if it was not true. And if it is a lie, then I hope that he sues the pants off them!

I don't see a lawsuit in his future, as he has admitted so many lies and fictions.

He would have a hard time proving damages after that, even if someone printed something about him that was not true.

IMO, RI cooked his own goose, so to speak.

Though I do like his show.

Cooked his own goose. Haha!! I just had to laugh at that one!:LOL:

You're right, but when you're famous and popular and you've become a celebrity, it almost seems like the media is out to get ya!!

They just can't wait to "dig up the dirt" on people.:ermm:

Last edited:
Cooked his own goose. Haha!!:LOL:

You're right, but when you're famous and popular and you've become a celebrity, it almost seems like the media is out to get ya!!

They just can't wait to "dig up the dirt" on people.:ermm:
But you don't have to hand them the shovel and a map. :angel:

:)Barbara

No, because they'll come looking for you. They got radar ears and eyes.

But I imagine that when someone puts lies on their resume, and their employer finds out about it, then their goose DOES get cooked.

At this point, people might be saying that he doesn't have the brains God gave a goose! Haha!!

Last edited:
If you read the Florida article, it also sounds like he's skirting creditors and investors as well. He's not one of my favorites, save when he's teamed with Guy or Tyler. He and Paula together were a bit much, IMHO.

I think he's a con who can cook and had good help. How many of us can cook? I can't imagine inventing knighthood, castles, and White House stories ... it's almost insulting that he thinks we're that stupid!

Ridiculous! His show is fantastic and to not renew his contract simply because he did not work on Princess Diana's cake is petty. Big deal, he told a little white lie. He obviously can cook and manage a kitchen with ease.

This blaming 'The Media' has gotten really old and has worn really thin.

Seems awfully lame to me when the story gets changed from the story to 'The Medias' reporting of the story.

In this case it not that Irvine lied, it's that the media is blowing it out of proportion or enhancing the story or sexing it up in some way.

A better turn for this thread to take would be how society has turned to a thing where perception is more important than substance and how success, at any cost, is justification for just about any action.

Did I write 'just about'? Hmm, Irvine built a step of his career on lies but somehow it's the reporting of these lies that's the fault .....

Ok. :rolleyes:

Carry on.

I honestly think that someone possibly fabricated this story by making it sound bigger than it already was.

If you read this story in the (U.K.) Guardian, he admits to having made up some things, due to "social pressure." He fabricated the lies himself. I really think it's a shame - I enjoyed the show - but when people lie and get caught, there should be consequences.

A CV that proved a recipe for disaster - US channel axes British celebrity chef | Media | The Guardian

I personally never cared for the guy-seemed kind of arrogant to me. No doubt a top rate chef, regardless of the fabrications on his resume.

I'm sure he won't be down for long

This blaming 'The Media' has gotten really old and has worn really thin.

Thanks for saying that. Blaming "the media" drives me nuts - as if "the media" was one big monolithic thing all with the same motivation rather than hundreds of companies and thousands of reporters. It's not as coordinated as some people seem to think.

Ridiculous! His show is fantastic and to not renew his contract simply because he did not work on Princess Diana's cake is petty. Big deal, he told a little white lie. He obviously can cook and manage a kitchen with ease.

Yeah, I'm sure that we ALL told little white lies at sometime or another. I know that I did.

Actually, there were quite a few little lies, and if you ever watched the show, several were showcased in the opening: He cooked for British royalty; he was a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order; he had a degree in food and nutrition from the University of Leeds; he worked on the wedding cake for Prince Charles and Princess Diana; he had worked as a White House chef. All untrue.

Like I said, it's a shame it happened, but he's a big boy and has to pay the consequences for what he did.

What he did was lie. They were not little white lies. They were lies period. He was deceitful to his employer and to the public. That is not right in any way shape or form. His lies could end up causing the business to lose money. That is not a little white lie.

Back
Top Bottom