Food Network's Robert Irvine fired

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gee, that's so sad!

I liked him. He's made guess appearences on several cooking shows, also. Too bad.

He'll be missed. Hopefully, he'll go to PBS like Chef Ming Tsai did. He also had his own cooking show on the Food Network - East Meets West.

Last edited:
Gee, that's so sad!

I liked him. He's made guess appearences on several cooking shows, also. Too bad.

He'll be missed. Hopefully, he'll go to PBS like Chef Ming Tsai did. He also had his own cooking show on the Food Network - East Meets West.

I tend to doubt PBS would have wanted him in the first place. He's def. not their style. But now, I imagine he's toast.

Home Shopping Network, maybe.

He lied and got fired. Could've happened to any of us. Heck, it would've happened to most of us! I didn't foresee him getting canned though. I thought he and Food Network would have been all the better for the scandal. Perhaps it wasn't scandalous enough.

He did not get fired. His contract was not renewed, for now. In reality desision has not been made. he is pretty popular and actually knows how to cook unlike some other so called celebrties on the FN. Hope he stays. though it is bother, why in the world did he have to lie?

Here's a different story that says they may reconsider at the end of the production style.
Padded Resume Costs Chef TV Show - Food News Story - WGAL Lancaster

I think this is more of a personal vendetta by a Florida news paper. They are diligently attacking him at every turn. You have to wonder how much was just him talking and what was really on his resume submitted to the Food Network. But seriously, embellishing resumes is nothing new in the world today,.

As already stated, embellishing is nothing new, and where was the their background check in the first place? So they missed this, have egg on their face, and are firing him as a result.
Meanwhile, Rachel Ray gets to tell us all about her favorite dog foods in her new show... and so the Food Network slips down another notch.

That's a good report. FoodNetwork did not cancel Martha Stewart when she had her issues with the law and continued to play the shows through the contract period. They will do the same here. FN is very serious about the veracity of what goes on the air. They had issues with the last go round of Next FN Star. I give them a good deal of credit for their stand.

Obviously if Irvine continues to do good deads elsewhere and fans galore write in to FN they may revisit the decision.

There have been so many dodges one could use to put together a resume it is surprising more folks have not used them.

You need a degree, well, there were places, and maybe still are, you could almost buy them. They made you write a paper or something and send a copy of your resume and the select faculy would send you a degree - just make sure the registration fee was paid.

Ok, you have a gap in your resume. What to do, what to do? Do not panic. Find a company that had gone out of business. Claim to have been employed there. Can it be traced that you did not work there? Very doubtful, trying to find the records of an out of business company is almost impossible, and most companies do not dig very deeply.

Then, of course, most companies are scared to death about being sued if they give a bad reference to anyone. So the company tries to protect itself by merely verifing the employment dates of a person.

They will ignore the fact that the employee almost never showed up, was drunk half the time, and used to discuss ways to make anthrax.

As the company will not divulge those facts will they state that the person did not run the loading dock rather than do the loading? Or that rather than being an entry data enterer the person was not in charge of information services?

Of course not.

The trick to getting away with these schemes, and there are many more, is not having your previous employment geographically too close to the job one is seeking.

The hiring boss knows the guys across the city who will gladly talk to their pal. But if the company you worked for, or claimed to work for, is 1000 miles away or so, the hiring guy is most likely at a total loss.

I am not a charlatan, am a responsible person. But have seen all of these used.

The system in my opinion is broken, and employers have to be very sharp and if they have any doubts go with their guts.

As far as food network goes, I rarely watch it but have caught the guy a few times and he is clearly talented both as a chef and as a personality.

To me it was a venial sin. But FN must decide its own policies.

Here's a different story that says they may reconsider at the end of the production style.
Padded Resume Costs Chef TV Show - Food News Story - WGAL Lancaster

I think this is more of a personal vendetta by a Florida news paper. They are diligently attacking him at every turn. You have to wonder how much was just him talking and what was really on his resume submitted to the Food Network. But seriously, embellishing resumes is nothing new in the world today,.

If this is true, then that, in my book, is slanderous and scandalous proaganda. It is also grounds for a lawsuit!

They shouldn't post that if it was not true. And if it is a lie, then I hope that he sues the pants off them!

Last edited:
There is always some reporter or writer, somewhere, looking to become the next Woodward and Bernstein. They forget the news is about reporting the facts and informing the public, not creating the story and influencing the public.
Some forget that on their quest to the top looking for fame.

Back
Top Bottom